Zuppa Toscana is easily made in the slow cooker, made with potatoes, sausage and kale. Great for a weeknight dinner.
With many soups to try in the slow cooker, this is a very popular one to try! Zuppa Toscana is a classic recipe that you may have seen on the menu at Olive Garden. It is a potato and sausage soup that has cream and kale added at the end. It makes for a hearty dinner, just needs some crusty bread!
This soup takes a little bit of prep work, but nothing too time-consuming. I don’t peel the potatoes for this recipe, I like the texture of the unpeeled potatoes in this soup.
Be sure not to add the kale and heavy cream until the end of the cooking time.
Have a great weekend I will be back next week with more recipes.
Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 6 slices bacon cut, cooked and drained
- 1 lb. mild pork sausage browned and drained (such as jimmy dean)
- 4 cups diced russet potatoes
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 32 oz. box chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream add at the end
- 4 cups chopped kale add at the end
- Add everything to the slow cooker EXCEPT the cream and kale.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, add the heavy cream and kale, push the kale down in to the soup.
- Cover and cook for and additional 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!