Slow Cooker Root Beer Baked beans are flavored with root beer and also a touch of molasses. Great for barbecues and potlucks.
Hello! I have a new recipe for you today that I couldn’t wait to share with you. You may think a recipe flavored with root beer would be overly sweet, but this is not. The pork and beans aren’t sweet to begin with and you will see that I did not add brown sugar to this. The beans are just a hint sweet with flavors of the root beer, barbecue sauce, and molasses. If you try these beans you will be pleasantly surprised how well all the flavors taste. My husband took just these for lunch the next day, he loved them!
Look at the color of these beans, the beans are great for a summer get together, but I also think the beans are great for fall too.
There are many ways to make baked beans, I love to try new recipes. If you have a favorite you love, please let me know! I hope you have a great weekend. I’ll be back next week with 2 new recipes.
Slow Cooker Root Beer Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 56 oz. pork and beans (2 28-oz. cans)
- 1 small white onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 slices bacon sliced, cooked and drained
- Add everything except the bacon to the slow cooker, stir. Sprinkle over the bacon on top of the beans.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Stir, serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.