These Buttery Slow Cooker Herbed Mushrooms and Onions are a great topping for burgers, a must for summer barbecues!
We love easy summer recipes like this one. We make this steak topping along with Slow Cooker Jalapeno Corn for an easy dinner!
Slow cooked onion and mushrooms are amazing and easily done right in the slow cooker. Top a burger or steak with these buttery vegetables.
How to make mushrooms and onions in the slow cooker:
- Mushrooms – sliced button mushrooms
- Onions – sweet yellow onions
- Butter – salted butter (this helps make a rich sauce)
- Garlic – minced
- Seasonings – basil, thyme, salt and pepper
How long do I cook?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7.
What can I serve this on?
More summer recipes to try in your slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Apple Barbecue Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Peachy Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Milk and Honey Corn on the Cob
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken
Slow Cooker Herbed Mushrooms and Onions
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 4 cups sliced sweet yellow onion I used 2 large onions
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup salted butter sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Add the onions and mushrooms into the slow cooker. Add the sliced butter, seasonings, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Grilled Steak
- Barbecue Chicken
- Baked Potatoes