This Slow Cooker Farmers Breakfast Casserole is full of meaty and cheesy goodness!
I haven’t talked about my chickens in a while. We have 4 chickens now and they are laying way more eggs than I can keep up on. I need recipes with LOTS of eggs, and this one is perfect. I don’t know if you can tell but one of the eggs below is a greenish color, the hen who laid is Henrietta and she is over 9 years old!
My inspiration for this was a mix between a recipe I saw for herbed scrambled eggs and a hearty Easter pie recipe I saw on Facebook. I think you will love the added herbs in this casserole!
You can customize this recipe! Use sausage instead of ham and bacon and add whatever seasoning sounds good to you. Have a great week!
More slow cooker breakfast recipes:
- Slow Cooker Crustless Broccoli Quiche
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Green Chile Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Bacon Crustless Quiche
Slow Cooker Farmers Breakfast Casserole
- 9 large eggs
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 5 slices bacon sliced and cooked
- 1 cup diced ham
- 16 oz. Colby-Jack cheese divided
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Divide the cheese out by cubing 2/3 of it and grating the rest. Save the grated cheese for the end of cooking time.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, ricotta, salt, pepper, dill and thyme. Whisk until you can get it smooth, though some chunks of ricotta is fine.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the cubed cheese, bacon and ham. Whisk the egg mixture one more time to get it combined again, then pour over the ham, bacon and cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours. If there is any liquid on top of the casserole, blot it with a paper towel. Add remaining cheese and cover for 5-10 minutes more.
- Serve with sliced tomato on top and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
This is cooking now!!! Had to adjust only because I have a 1.5 quart crockpot.
The smell is driving me crazy!!! Can’t wait!!
I love all the recipes that I have tried from your emails!!!!
My husband gave this a thumbs up. Easy to throw together the night before and voila! breakfast is on the table in the morning with no effort (except getting up early to start the crock pot depending on when you eat breakfast LOL)! We don’t eat breakfast till 11 AM as we’re following the intermittent fasting plan, so the cooking time for this recipe is perfect for us. Just add toast and fresh fruit and you have an outstanding meal! I might try a few adjustments next time though – cut out the salt as there is plenty in the ham/bacon/ cheese mixture, and use half the Colby Jack and half Velveeta cubes in the bottom mixture, as the Velveeta makes it smoother I think. Thanks for sharing Sarah! Oh, and another thing – EVERYBODY try Sarah’s Easy Slow Cooker Clam Chowder NOW!! Then you can all thank me later!