This Slow Cooker Farmers Breakfast Casserole if full of meaty and cheesy goodness!
I haven’t talked about my chickens in a while. We have 4 chickens now and they are laying way more eggs than I can keep up on. I need recipes with LOTS of eggs, and this one is perfect. I don’t know if you can tell but one of the eggs below is a greenish color, the hen who laid is Henrietta and she is over 9 years old!
My inspiration for this was a mix between a recipe I saw for herbed scrambled eggs and a hearty Easter pie recipe I saw on Facebook. I think you will love the added herbs in this casserole!
Here is my YouTube video of this Slow Cooker Farmers Breakfast Casserole. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
You can customize this recipe! Use sausage instead of ham and bacon and add whatever seasoning sounds good to you. Have a great week!
- 9 large eggs
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 5 slices bacon, sliced and cooked
- 1 cup diced ham
- 16 oz. Colby-Jack cheese divided
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart oval
- Divide the cheese out by cubing 2/3 of it and grating the rest. Save the grated cheese for the end of cooking time.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, ricotta, salt, pepper, dill and thyme. Whisk until you can get it smooth, though some chunks of ricotta is fine.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the cubed cheese, bacon and ham. Whisk the egg mixture one more time to get it combined again, then pour over the ham, bacon and cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours. If there is any liquid on top of the casserole, blot it with a paper towel. Add remaining cheese and cover for 5-10 minutes more.
- Serve with sliced tomato on top and enjoy!
I used my 6-quart Crock-Pot for this recipe.