Make this easy Slow Cooker Crustless Broccoli Cheese Quiche for breakfast or for dinner!
Have you ever made an egg dish in the slow cooker? It’s the only way I do quiche and breakfast casseroles now. I want to make clear that this is not overnight recipe. I’ve tried egg dishes a few times overnight, even on the low setting they get overcooked. This recipe for Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Quiche needs only 2 hours and 15 minutes on the high setting, that is the perfect amount for the eggs to set up and they are still tender.
I decided to use cream cheese instead of milk or sour cream. The cream cheese gave this a bit of creaminess, but I could not taste cream cheese at all, it’s just there bringing the whole dish together.
You will see in the recipe below I decided to blanch the broccoli before adding it to this quiche. The slow cooker heats up too slow to cook the broccoli fork tender, which is to me important for quiche.
Here is my video about how to make this easy quiche. You can follow me on YouTube here.
Spring break is just ending here for us! We didn’t do much, just a day at the beach and went to the movies. It’s rained everyday this week here in Oregon, but that has been typical lately.
Whether you make this Broccoli Cheese Quiche for breakfast or for dinner, this recipe is super easy and the leftovers taste just as good. Have a great week!
- 3 cups cut broccoli (see how to blanch it below)
- 9 eggs
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 2 cups Colby-Jack shredded cheese, divided
- 5-quart oval or larger
- Get a large pot of water boiling on the stove top. Once the boiling has started add the broccoli. Cook for 3 minutes only, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, salt, pepper, onion powder and cream cheese to a large bowl. Using a hand held mixer, beat on medium speed until the cream cheese and eggs are combined. It's ok if a few chunks of cream cheese are left.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the broccoli down evenly in the slow cooker then sprinkle over ½ cup of the cheese. Pour over the egg mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Do not open the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and cover again to let the cheese melt. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Pork Cassoulet