Make this easy Slow Cooker Crustless Broccoli Cheese Quiche for breakfast or for dinner! Filled with tender broccoli and cheese and makes a perfect breakfast or dinner.
Have you ever made an egg dish in the slow cooker? It’s the only way I do quiche and breakfast casseroles now. I want to make clear that this is not an overnight recipe. I’ve tried egg dishes a few times overnight, even on the low setting they get overcooked. I’ve made so many, this one and my bacon jalapeno quiche are my favorite.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Quiche needs only 2 hours and 15 minutes on the high setting, that is the perfect amount for the eggs to set up and they are still tender.
I decided to use cream cheese instead of milk or sour cream. The cream cheese gave this a bit of creaminess, but I could not taste cream cheese at all, it’s just there bringing the whole dish together. This breakfast casserole is low-carb and still tastes amazing.
If you can’t live without the crust on the quiche, try this Easy Quiche Recipe from Spicy Perspective.
How to make Crustless Broccoli Quiche:
You will need:
- 3 cups blanched broccoli
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese, divided
- 9 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the blanched broccoli to the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle over half of the cheese.
- Add the eggs, salt, pepper, onion powder and cream cheese to a large bowl.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat on medium speed until the cream cheese and eggs are combined. It’s ok if a few chunks of cream cheese are left.
- Pour this mixture over the broccoli and cheese.
How long do I cook Crustless Quiche in the Slow Cooker?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Do not open the lid during the cooking time.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place the lid on the slow cooker again and let the cheese melt, this will take about 10 minutes.
Whether you make this Broccoli Cheese Quiche for breakfast or for dinner, this recipe is super easy and the leftovers taste just as good. Have a great week!
Slow Cooker Crustless Broccoli Cheese Quiche
- 5-quart oval slow cooker
- Handheld mixer
- 3 cups cut broccoli see how to blanch it below
- 9 eggs
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack Cheese divided
- Get a large pot of water boiling on the stove top. Once the boiling has started add the broccoli. Cook for 3 minutes only, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, salt, pepper, onion powder and cream cheese to a large bowl. Using a hand held mixer, beat on medium speed until the cream cheese and eggs are combined. It’s ok if a few chunks of cream cheese are left.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add the broccoli down evenly in the slow cooker then sprinkle over 1/2 cup of the cheese. Pour over the egg mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Do not open the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and cover again to let the cheese melt. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!