Slow-cooked roast beef with a head of roasted garlic. The best sandwich you will ever try!
Make these sandwiches along with my Cajun Parmesan Potatoes for a perfect meal!
I have a fun recipe for you this week- Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Beef Sandwiches. I joined a fun group where we all get assigned to try a recipe from a fellow blogger, and it is all kept secret until today. I got to pick a recipe from Aunt Bee’s Recipes. Brandi from Aunt Bee’s Recipes is a dear friend, and she also loves her crockpot as much as I do!
How could you go wrong with beef, roasted garlic and beer? There is a small amount of prep work with roasting the garlic but it really is simple once you get started.
How to roast a head of garlic:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the top of the garlic off, exposing the cloves.
- Drizzle over a touch of oil.
- Cover tightly with foil. Place in oven, I put it right on the rack.
- Let the garlic roast for 1 hour.
- Remove and let cool for about 20 minutes before handling.
How to make Roasted Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches:
- Add a chuck roast to the slow cooker.
- Press brown sugar onto the roast.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Pour liquid smoke and beer around the roast.
- Squeeze the garlic bulbs out of the head of garlic on to the roast.
How long do I cook?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
How do I serve these sandwiches?
- Shred the beef with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Pile the meat on buns and add a slice of cheese, swiss or white cheddar is great!
Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. hickory liquid smoke
- 1 cup beer or beef broth
- White cheddar cheese slices
Roasting the Garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the tapered end of the garlic, exposing all the cloves.
- Place it on a square piece of foil and drizzle with a teaspoon of oil.
- Wrap tightly in the foil and place it in the oven; cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, unwrap, and let cool.
- While the garlic cools, prepare the roast.
- While the garlic is cooling, sprinkle the roast with the salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Press the brown sugar on top of the roast.
- Pour the liquid smoke and beer (or beef broth) AROUND the roast.
- Taking care to not burn yourself, squeeze the roasted cloves out of bulb on to the roast
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Once done, shred the meat with 2 forks, leaving it in the broth
- Serve on toasted buns and top with cheese.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.