Slow-cooked roast beef with a head of roasted garlic. The best sandwich you will ever try!
Make these sandwiches along with my Cajun Parmesan Potatoes for a perfect meal!
I have a fun recipe for you this week- Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Beef Sandwiches. I joined a fun group where we all get assigned to try a recipe from a fellow blogger, and it is all kept secret until today. I got to pick a recipe from Aunt Bee’s Recipes. Brandi from Aunt Bee’s Recipes is a dear friend, and she also loves her crockpot as much as I do!
How could you go wrong with beef, roasted garlic and beer? There is a small amount of prep work with roasting the garlic but it really is simple once you get started.
How to roast a head of garlic:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the top of the garlic off, exposing the cloves.
- Drizzle over a touch of oil.
- Cover tightly with foil. Place in oven, I put it right on the rack.
- Let the garlic roast for 1 hour.
- Remove and let cool for about 20 minutes before handling.
How to make Roasted Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches:
- Add a chuck roast to the slow cooker.
- Press brown sugar onto the roast.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Pour liquid smoke and beer around the roast.
- Squeeze the garlic bulbs out of the head of garlic on to the roast.
How long do I cook?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
How do I serve these sandwiches?
- Shred the beef with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Pile the meat on buns and add a slice of cheese, swiss or white cheddar is great!
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Beef Sandwiches
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. hickory liquid smoke
- 1 cup beer or beef broth
- White cheddar cheese slices
Roasting the Garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the tapered end of the garlic, exposing all the cloves.
- Place it on a square piece of foil and drizzle with a teaspoon of oil.
- Wrap tightly in the foil and place it in the oven; cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, unwrap, and let cool.
- While the garlic cools, prepare the roast.
- While the garlic is cooling, sprinkle the roast with the salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Press the brown sugar on top of the roast.
- Pour the liquid smoke and beer (or beef broth) AROUND the roast.
- Taking care to not burn yourself, squeeze the roasted cloves out of bulb on to the roast
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Once done, shred the meat with 2 forks, leaving it in the broth
- Serve on toasted buns and top with cheese.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
What a unique sandwich! Id like to prepare a small version for Easter Sunday as a lot of kids will be celebrating with us due to our annual Easter egg hunt. Im sure they will love this too! Thank you for sharing!
What a great recipe. My husband would love this. All that garlic! And the liquid smoke, I bet they’re amazing!
Ashlyn @ Belle of the Kitchen says
These sandwiches are just too perfect! And with roasted garlic to boot! Pure perfection!
Carrie @Frugal Foodie Mama says
Oh my wow! I am definitely making this soon! 🙂 These sandwiches look amazing, and bonus for being slow cooker!
I think this would be a place to try doing the garlic in the microwave instead of an hour in the oven.http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-garlic-in-the-microwave-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-173427
Sarah Olson says
That is mind blowing! Thank you so much for that info. I will be trying that next time I make this!