Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Philly Cheese Steaks have tender beef, onion, and peppers. Pile on a bun and top with swiss cheese.
Here is an all-day slow cooker recipe for you. I know a lot of you work away from home and are looking for meals that could be left while you are away. This beef is cooked in plenty of liquid so it won’t dry out while cooked for a long period of time.
How to make Philly Cheese Steaks in the Slow Cooker:
In the slow cooker goes the browned meat, minced garlic, beefy onion soup mix, bell peppers, onions, and water.
Below is the beef after it has been cooked and shredded. The beefy onion soup mix makes a delicious sauce for the beef.
I used a giant loaf of French bread for the “buns” in this recipe. I also made hand-cut fries to go with them.
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Philly Cheese Steaks
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 3 lbs. bottom round beef roast 3-4 lbs.
- 1/8 tsp. salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder to taste
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic minced
- 1.1 oz beefy onion Lipton Soup Mix
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup white onion (one medium onion), sliced
- 1 cup water
- Swiss Cheese slices
- Hoagies or sliced French bread
- Sprinkle the roast lightly with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat, once hot, add the oil.
- Brown the meat on all sides then add it to the slow cooker.
- Add the minced garlic, soup mix, bell peppers, and onions.
- Pour in the water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred the meat with 2 fork right in the slow cooker, discarding any fatty pieces.
- Let the meat and juices settle for a few minutes to let the grease rise to the top.
- Take a paper towel and lay it over the meat and remove immediately, most of the grease will be on the paper towel. Discard.
- Serve on sliced French bread or hoagies, topped with swiss cheese.
- If you want the cheese melted, place the cheese topped sandwiches in the oven under the broiler until the cheese melts.