Homemade Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches are an amazing and easy meal. A wonderful meal to come to!
Do you love an easy sandwich recipe? Then you must try this barbecue beef sandwiches in the crockpot! These go great with Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob if you have two slow cookers.
When it gets close to warmer weather around here and I start thinking of recipes to make for summer dinners and lunches. I rarely turn on my oven from June to August here in Oregon.
Our house is older, we have air conditioning in only 2 rooms, so turning on the oven is a death wish. These Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches are great with an easy side dish such as watermelon or chips.
Why cook this meal in the slow cooker and not just in the skillet? The sauce will slow cook and make a more melded flavored sauce and the onions will tenderize. It’s also my new favorite meal for Monday nights after girl scouts, which doesn’t get out until 7pm!
More easy sandwich recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Cheese Steaks
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken
- Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches (open face)
What type of slow cooker dishes do you make when the weather gets warmer? My go recipes are anything that can be served on a bun or tortilla. Enjoy this recipe and have a great week!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. ground beef I used 7% fat, browned (save a bit of the drippings! see below)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 12 oz. jar chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 small white onion diced
- toasted hamburger buns
- Brown the ground beef and keep a touch of the drippings, add to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve on toasted buns and enjoy!