Homemade Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches are mouthwatering delicious!
When it gets close to warmer weather around here and I start thinking of recipes to make for summer dinners and lunches. I rarely turn on my oven from June to August here in Oregon. Our house is older, we have air conditioning in only 2 rooms, so turning on the oven is a death wish. These Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches are great with an easy side dish such as watermelon or chips.
Why cook this meal in the slow cooker and not just in the skillet? The sauce will slow cook and make a more melded flavored sauce and the onions will tenderize. It’s also my new favorite meal for Monday nights after girl scouts, which doesn’t get out until 7pm!
What type of slow cooker dishes do you make when the weather gets warmer? My go recipes are anything that can be served on a bun or tortilla. Enjoy this recipe and have a great week!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef SandwichesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 lbs. ground beef I used 7% fat, browned (save a bit of the drippings! see below)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 12-oz. jar Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 small white onion diced
Slow Cooker Size:
- 4- quart or larger
- Brown the ground beef and keep a touch of the drippings, add to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve on toasted buns and enjoy!