I’ve prepared an easy and delicious meal for you! This full meal of Slow Cooker “Smoked” Chicken Sandwiches and Barbecue Sweet Corn is a winner. I don’t often mention what I serve with my slow cooker meals, but I’ve got to tell you these Birds Eye Flavor Full Steamfresh packs are so handy to get dinner on the table quicker. We all know how easy slow cooker recipes can be, why not make the whole meal easy and serve the main dish with these handy microwaveable veggies.
Below is the chicken after it was done cooking. See all those beautiful juices? That is what is kept the chicken extra moist. I purposely didn’t prop the chicken up on foil balls, and I also cooked the chicken longer than my other roast chicken recipes, because I wanted a moist shredded chicken, not a chicken that I would slice up and serve. I used liquid smoke to flavor the chicken. Don’t be tempted to add more liquid smoke than the recipe calls for, adding too much can ruin a meal in a hurry, and there will be no fixing it. Liquid smoke is delish, but I wanted to remind you that is a concentrated flavor.
I took the chicken out of the slow cooker and put it on a large platter. I left 1 cup of the juices in the slow cooker. I shredded the chicken with 2 forks, discarded all the fat and bones, and put that beautiful chicken back into the slow cooker with the reserved juices.
I love easy sides for slow cooking. Birds Eye Flavor Full Steamfresh veggies are on the top of my list for getting dinner on the table quickly. The slow cooker cooks my main meal while I’m busy working during the day.
When I was ready to serve these sandwiches, I popped in 2 bags of this Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn in the Microwave. Truthfully, I don’t normally place the veggies into a pretty bowl. I line up the dinner plates on the counter and pour the veggies right on each plate, less dishes that way!
I hope you try this easy dinner idea soon. The smoked chicken and Birds Eye corn go perfect together. Such an easy meal, but a satisfying homemade meal. Have a great week!
Get a $1.00 off coupon for Birds Eye Flavor Full Steamfresh here.
Curious if your store carries these veggies? You can find out here.
- 1 4-5 lb. whole chicken
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1½ tsp. liquid hickory smoke
- barbecue sauce
- 2 bags Birds Eye Barbecue Sweet Corn, cooked
- Place the chicken into a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Using a pastry brush, spread the melted butter over the chicken. Sprinkle over the cayenne pepper, salt, pepper evenly over the chicken. Drizzle over the liquid hickory smoke next.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours without opening the lid.
- Remove the chicken onto a platter (or a very large plate). Shred all the usable chicken meat, discard bones and fat. I discard all but 1 cup of the juices in the slow cooker, then add the shredded chicken into that cup of juices that is left in the slow cooker.
- Toast the buns if desired. Pile up the shredded chicken onto each bun and add barbecue sauce. Serve with Bird Eye Barbecue Sweet Corn.