These Slow Cooker Cajun Parmesan Potatoes are tender and have great spice!
The slow cooker is amazing for making side dishes, especially potatoes. These Slow Cooker Cajun Parmesan Potatoes remind of what we call in Oregon, jo-jo’s. My second helping of these I ate them with ranch, SOO good with the spices and parmesan.
I start with russet potatoes that I cut into wedges. Then I add a homemade seasoning mixture, olive oil and parmesan cheese. I also add a touch of water to keep the potatoes from getting too dry in the slow cooker.
These potatoes are great with just about anything! Steak or chicken would be great.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a great week! I have so many great recipes coming soon for you!
More potato side dishes for the slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Hot German Potato Salad
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sour Cream and Onion Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Slow Cooker Cajun Parmesan Potatoes
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided (I use Kraft grated)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup water
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into wedges. My potatoes were on the small size, I cut them into eighths. If your potatoes are very large, you may need to cut them into smaller pieces.
- Mix the seasonings in a small bowl, mix. Pour the seasonings, olive oil, and half of the cheese on top of the potatoes. Stir.
- Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese and pour the water in with the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4.5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!