Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes are perfectly seasoned potato wedges that turn out creamy on the inside!
We love making these potatoes long with horseradish pot roast and freshly steamed vegetables.
There are a few things I don’t cook in the slow cooker (raw pasta and raw rice) but when I think of that limitation I always think how many ways potatoes can be made in the slow cooker instead!
These Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Potatoes only take a few minutes to prepare and then four hours to cook in the slow cooker. When they are done cooking you won’t believe how creamy the potatoes are. They make a great side dish.
How to make Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes:
- Red Potatoes: Cut into wedges
- Olive oil: Extra virgin works best. Use melted butter if you don’t have olive oil.
- Garlic: Fresh minced or jarred
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, thyme and oregano
- Parmesan cheese: I use Kraft cheese in a shaker bottle but I have also used shredded parmesan and that works great too.
How long do I cook?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until tender.
Can I use a different type of potato?
Yes! You can use Yukon gold, or Russet with the same results.
What should I serve with these?
- Grilled burgers or steaks
- Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Here are more potato recipes to make in the slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Campfire Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cajun Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato Casserole
First Published 07/19/2016
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Size: 4 quart or larger
- 3 lbs. red potatoes about 8 cups after being cut
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp. minced garlic can use fresh garlic or jarred
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese plus more for garnish (I use Kraft grated parmesan but shredded works great too!)
- Wash and cut the potatoes into wedges and place in the slow cooker
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Pour the blend over the potatoes and stir.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese for serving, if desired.