Make these Slow Cooker “Campfire” Potatoes for your next cookout or while camping if you have hook-ups.
I haven’t been able to go camping (in our travel trailer) this year. We had some family emergencies and we also just got back from a Carnival Cruise, which took up some of our normal camping dates. I love making recipes in my slow cooker while camping, instead of grilling or using the fire. It’s mainly because I know that I’ll get good results and it’s even more joyful for me to cook in the slow cooker when it’s not at home!
When I started preparing to make these potatoes I planned to make loaded style potatoes, then I came across a few recipes online that use Worcestershire sauce, I added some extra flavors like garlic and parmesan to make these potatoes unique. The butter sauce that I make for these potatoes tastes like a homemade dressing. If you are looking for a unique recipe to make, this is a great one to try.
After the potatoes are mixed with the butter mixture, it may seem dry. It won’t be I promise, the butter will melt back down and make a delicious sauce for the potatoes.
Below is what the potatoes look like after cooking on high for 4 hours. Keep the lid on the entire time so the potatoes get tender.
I hope you enjoy this side dish recipe! I’ll be back next week with another new recipe. I’m wishing summer wasn’t flying by so fast so I can make more recipes like this one.
Slow Cooker “Campfire” Potatoes
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 5 medium potatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic (1 large clove); minced
- 1 cup white onion (1 small); sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic.
- Add the potatoes, the cheeses, and onion to the bowl with the butter mixture. Mix until the potatoes are coated.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the potatoes mixture; smooth out into an even layer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!