Slow Cooker Beer and Garlic Brats are great for game day or for a fall dinner.
I have another brat recipe on my blog, it doesn’t have near as much garlic and doesn’t have butter in it either. I’ve been often redoing recipes after I try them again, there is always room for improvement I think.
I also decided to try the raw version of the brats. As I was on Johsnonville’s website today, I saw they make brat patties! What the what!?
Yes, I used 10 garlic cloves for this recipe. It may seem like a lot, but keeping them whole helps not overpower the recipe. Garlic goes SO well with beer and butter.
Such an easy peasy recipe! Serve with chips and dinner is served. Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Beer and Garlic Brats
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 38 oz. brats (two 19 oz. packages) I find these in the meat section, raw
- 1 large white onion sliced and divided
- 10 garlic cloves peeled
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 12 oz. bottle beer (I used Coors banquet)
- Add half of the onion in the slow cooker, add the brats in 2 layers.
- Add the rest of the onions, garlic, pepper and place the butter on top.
- Pour the beer into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve the brats, garlic and onions on buns topped with desired toppings.