You won’t believe how easy this Slow Cooker Cranberry sauce is to make! It will be a new staple for your holiday meal.
You can start this slow cooker cranberry sauce in just minutes in your slow cooker. My mom loves homemade cranberry sauce, but she never has the time to make it. Years and years ago I made a stove-top version from Barefoot Contessa and my mom still talks about it today. She often gets the homemade style cranberry sauce from Costco for our holiday dinner. I created this easy slow cooker version that cooks all by itself, no babysitting from me.
The recipe for this slow cooker cranberry sauce is just a few simple ingredients: 2 pounds fresh cranberries, 1 jar of premium orange marmalade. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, then I stir in brown sugar at the end to sweeten it up (complete recipe below).
Isn’t this sauce beautiful. I love how the cranberries retain their color. Have a great week!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- 2 lbs. fresh cranberries
- 13 oz. orange marmalade (I use Bonne Maman)
- ½ cup brown sugar (add at the end of the cooking time)
Slow Cooker Size:
- 4 quart or larger
- Add the cranberries and orange marmalade to the slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. After the cooking time is up, stir and pop any un-popped cranberries with the back of a spoon. Add the sugar and stir.
- Tip: I used the cleaned out the jam jar to store the left over cranberry sauce.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Candied Yams