Yes, it’s that time of year again for pumpkin everything. These homemade Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Lattes are just perfect for a fall get together, and couldn’t get any easier.
I start with freshly brewed coffee because I know most of us don’t have an espresso machine. I stir in half and half, canned pumpkin, spices, vanilla extract
These slow cooker pumpkin spice lattes would be fun for after trick-or-treating, or for a fall brunch. Note- I don’t like my coffee overly sweet, so add the sugar to your taste.
How to make pumpkin spice lattes in the slow cooker:
You will need:
- Freshly brewed strong coffee – I like Starbucks Pike Place
- Pumpkin puree
- Half and half (or heavy cream)
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for serving, canned or homemade
- Additional nutmeg for serving
- Add the coffee, pumpkin, half and half, spices, sugar and vanilla to 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Ladle into mugs, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Can I refrigerate and re-heat?
Yes! Place extra latte mixture in the fridge and reheat in microwave.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 7 cups hot brewed coffee measure it after it is brewed, don't trust the measurements on the carafe- I use Starbucks Pike Place Roast
- 1 cup canned 100% pumpkin puree (labeled 100% pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1½ cups half and half or heavy cream
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 7 Tbsp. white sugar
- aerosol whipped cream or homemade if your feeling ambitious
- nutmeg for garnish
- In a 5 quart or larger slow cooker, add the coffee, pumpkin, half and half, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar. Stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 45min- 1 hour, or until hot.
- Stir, and serve topped with whipped cream and nutmeg.
How to Video:
First published: 09/22/2014