If you’ve been looking for a Starbucks copycat gingerbread lattes recipe, this is it! Strongly brewed coffee, molasses, brown sugar, and a variety of keynote spices are cooked on low heat in the slow cooker for a delicious and festive beverage everyone will absolutely love.
Create a festive drink bar and add these Slow Cooker Eggnog Lattes to the spread. It’s a fun and different way to serve a group of people a hot beverage other than hot cocoa.
Why You Need to Make These Gingerbread Lattes
If you love gingerbread cookies, you’ll love this recipe. Whether you’re looking to cozy up on the couch in front of the fireplace or make a beverage to take to a Christmas party, this gingerbread latte recipe calls for simple yet tasty ingredients with minimal prep time and minimal cooking time.
This is one of those copycat recipes that’s super simple to make. No need for a small saucepan or french press! Simply add all of the ingredients to the crockpot, turn it on low, stir once during cooking time, and serve. These are so much fun to make (and drink)!
- Strong Coffee: You can use brewed coffee or espresso.
- Milk: Adds a creamy texture to the homemade gingerbread latte.
- Molasses: Can be strong, but not once mixed with the other ingredients. You can’t make gingerbread cake without molasses; the same goes for a gingerbread latte.
- Brown Sugar: Adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the lattes.
- Flavoring: Ground ginger, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and cinnamon sticks combine to make the ultimate gingerbread flavor.
Step One – Pour liquid ingredients into the slow cooker (milk, molasses, and strongly brewed coffee or espresso).
Step Two – Add the remaining ingredients (sugar and spices) to the coffee mixture.
Step Three – Whisk until well combined.
Step Four – Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
How to serve
- This copycat Starbucks gingerbread latte tastes terrific, served with frothed milk (steamed milk) or whipped cream. Add an extra flavor by drizzling caramel sauce on top as well.
- Garnish the serving glass and beverage with a gingerbread cookie. (See FAQs below on how to add a gingerbread rim.)
- Sprinkle a little extra ground cinnamon on top for a cinnamon taste right before sipping.
To make the gingerbread rim on the glass, dip the top of the glass into honey or maple syrup and press it into crushed gingerbread cookies.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight glass container such as a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid for up to 5 days. Stir before reheating, and then reheat on the stovetop on medium-low to medium heat or in the microwave.
2 Tbsp of Allspice can be used in place of the spices and cinnamon sticks.
The whole milk can be replaced with any non-dairy milk of your choice or even half and half.
The molasses can be replaced with honey or maple syrup.
Substitute the whole milk for almond milk.
Turn your slow cooker to the warm setting and stir every so often.
Slow Cooker Gingerbread Lattes
- 7 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup molasses
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 3 cups strong coffee or espresso
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and whisk until the molasses is fully incorporated and the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook on LOW for 3 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking. (do not cook on HIGH, we don't want the latte to boil as it can burn the sugars)
- Turn the slow cooker to WARM and serve with frothed milk or whipped cream and caramel sauce. Garnish with a gingerbread cookie. Enjoy!
- To make the gingerbread rim on the glass, dip the top of the glass into honey or maple syrup and press into crushed gingerbread cookies.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight glass container such as a mason jars for up to 5 days.
- Stir before reheating, reheat on the stove top on medium low heat or in the microwave.
- 2 Tbsp of Allspice can be used in place of the spices and cinnamon sticks.
- The whole milk can be replaced with any non-dairy milk of your choice or even half and half.
- The molasses can be replaced with honey or maple syrup.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.