Whether you’re feeling a bit chilled or looking for a flavor-packed drink for guests, this slow cooker cranberry citrus tea is a must-try. Black tea, cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks, and a few citrus fruits come together for an aroma and taste that’s irresistible.
Can I make tea in the crockpot?
It’s easy to instantly think everything heavy and hearty when wondering what to make in your crockpot. However, this appliance is perfect for making lots of other things – like tea! Similar to cooking actual meals, you’ll combine your ingredients in the crockpot, set the temperature, and leave it be.
Over time, the flavors will merge and create a nice beverage that you can sip on for the days to come. If you’ve never made tea in your crockpot, this slow cooker cranberry tea is the perfect warm drink recipe to try first.
- Tea Bags – extra bold English breakfast tea, Irish breakfast black tea, and the Scottish blend are great teas to try in this recipe.
- Citrus Fruit – navel orange and lemon slices are added to give the citrus kick (and provide a nice boost of vitamin C)
- Sugar – classic white sugar balances the citrus fruit and cranberry flavors.
- Cinnamon Sticks – using sticks will ensure the cinnamon aroma and flavors fuse perfectly with the other ingredients.
Step One – Place tea bags and boiling water in your crockpot using the tea of your choice. Allow the bags to steep for at least 10 minutes.
Step Two – Once steeped, remove the tea bags and add the remaining ingredients. The tea can be cooked on low for 2-3 hrs or on high setting for 1.5-2 hrs.
Step Three – Serve hot with additional garnishes of your choice.
Recipes FAQs and Variations
Brown sugar typically works well as a white sugar substitute, even for tea. However, I prefer white sugar for this recipe to get the best results.
Yes! Add an extra fruity flavor by adding sliced apples. You’ll then have a slow cooker cranberry apple cider. And while you’re at it, try adding a few whole cloves.
Honey blends perfectly with the flavors in this tea, and you can also add a bit more sugar, extra lemon slice, or an orange quarter.
Yes; however, instead of using high heat, it is best to bring everything to a boil then reduce the heat to a low simmer until you get some of the citrus flavors into the tea, about 30 minutes.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Citrus Tea
- 4 tea bags any flavor, I used extra bold English Breakfast Tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 32 oz. 100% Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 navel orange sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Add tea bags and boiling water to crockpot and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low 2-3 hours or on high 1.5-2 hours.
- Serve hot with honey or additional sugar, if desired.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.