This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is a delicious party drink that you and your guests will love.
A few years ago I published a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Lattes for a crowd, it’s been my most popular winter and fall recipe for 4 years! I believe it was in the comment section on Facebook where someone suggested doing hot chocolate instead of coffee. I had to try it!
I am such a huge fan of pumpkin spice that I had my friends over for a pumpkin spice party, I am kicking myself that I didn’t make this! We all made pumpkin spice desserts!
I use whole milk for the base and then add chocolate chips, cocoa powder, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. In the recipe card below I also give directions for the spices if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice.
This is a full pot of hot chocolate, I suggest making this at the party location and not trying to travel with it.
You can top this recipe with marshmallows or whipped cream or give your guests a choice of both. I hope you enjoy this recipe. I can’t get enough pumpkin spice recipes, I don’t know about you. Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 24 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 gallon whole milk
- Add everything to the slow cooker, stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or marshmallows.
- If you can’t find pumpkin pie spice I would personally start with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and a dash of cloves. After the cocoa has heated, taste and add more of what you think it needs.
- This is a full pot of hot chocolate, it would be hard to travel with all made up. I suggest making this at your party location. You can heat up the milk in the microwave a bit in a glass container to speed up the process.
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.