Candy Corn Hot Chocolate is a fun and festive way to serve a delicious drink this Halloween season. It calls for just five ingredients and a few hours of cooking time. This is sure to be a warm treat the kids and adults alike will love.
Pair this super easy beverage with my Slow Cooker Gingerbread Cake for a sweet treat the whole family will enjoy.
Can you cook candy corn in the slow cooker?
Candy corn melts nicely in the slow cooker thanks to its melt-friendly ingredients such as carnauba wax and corn syrup. When mixed and melted with a few other liquid-based ingredients, you’ll come out with a non-spooky drink that is perfect for a Halloween party.
And if you’re wondering whether or not this is still considered a “hot chocolate,” the answer is yes! Typically when we hear the word chocolate, we think brown; however, this candy corn hot chocolate is every bit of chocolate because of the white chocolate chips used.
- Candy Corn: The highlight of this recipe and where the drink gets its color.
- Chocolate Chips: You’ll use white chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Liquid: Heavy cream and half and half combine to help create the creaminess of the hot cocoa.
Step One – Add candy corn and white chocolate chips to the slow cooker.
Step Two – Pour in the remaining ingredients.
Step Three – Heat on LOW for 2 hours until everything has melted. Stir and heat for an additional hour.
- You can replace the half and half with your milk of choice (whole milk, skim, 2%, almond milk, oat milk).
- Give your hot chocolate a slight vanilla taste by adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Have fun with the toppings by adding some whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, yellow sprinkles, black sprinkles, and a few marshmallow ghosts. You can even let the kids add little ghost faces to other marshmallows.
Reheat on the stove top or microwave. Don’t overheat, for the milk will scorch.
Store any leftover hot chocolate in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat according to answer above.
Set your slow cooker to the warm setting to keep it from burning throughout the party.
You can certainly experiment with different colors to see what happens!
Slow Cooker Candy Corn Hot Chocolate
- 16 oz. candy corn
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 5 cups half and half
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ghost marshmallow peeps
- whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- To your slow cooker add all the ingredients and stir. Heat on low for 2 hours until everything has melted. Stir and heat on low for another hour.
- Serve hot and garnish with whipped cream, marshmallows, sprinkles, candy corn and chocolate sauce, enjoy!
- You can replace the half and half with your milk of choice ( whole, skim, 2%, almond milk, oat milk)
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container such as a mason jar for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Reheat on the stove top or microwave.
- Want to cook faster on high setting? You can, but be sure to stir often for white chocolate burns easily.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.