Tender stew meat, and self-making decadent sauce that goes great over rice.
This meal is great for a work day, since it has an 8 hour cooking time, or perfect for a comforting Sunday Dinner. My daughter Lola loves the meat in this dish, rice not so much. I make her some noodles to go with this.
How is the weather for you all? Here in Oregon, we are having the mildest winter I have ever had here. No ice or snow at all. I am a mail carrier, and in the past winters we have about 3 bouts of ice and snow, it’s so bad I contemplate quitting every winter. One year on my mail route, with studded tires and 4 wheel drive I ended up in the ditch with a mailbox stuck to the side of my jeep, and it was my first mailbox of the day. But this winter we’ve had temperatures in the ’60s and not much rain either. Nothing to complain about for sure!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Tips over Rice! It’s sure to please!
Slow Cooker Beef Tips over Rice
- Slow Cooker – 3 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 0.87 oz brown gravy mix
- ½ cup water yes that is all this recipe needs
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Steamed rice for serving
- Place the cream of mushroom soup, gravy packet, water, and pepper in the slow cooker, stir until smooth.
- Mix the stew meat into the sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Stir and ladle the meat and sauce over steamed rice.