Make this easy and complete Six Layer dinner in the slow cooker. Filled with potatoes, veggies and beef with a creamy sauce.
I found this recipe in an old cookbook called: Amish Country Cookbook Volume 2. The recipe I found for Six Layer Dinner in this book was not a slow cooker recipe, but I thought it would do well in the slow cooker. It’s a fairly healthy recipe that is full of veggies.
How to make Slow Cooker Six Layer Dinner:
Here are the layers to make this hearty layered dish:
- Ground beef – cooked crumbled and seasoned with salt, pepper and onion powder
- White onion – sliced
- Celery – sliced
- Carrots – sliced
- Russet potatoes – THINLY sliced
- Cream of celery soup – Mix with 3/4 cup milk
Can I use another soup besides cream of celery?
Of course! You can use any of these options:
- Cream of Chicken with herbs
- Cream of Bacon
- Cream of Mushroom
Can I use a different vegetable than carrots?
Yes, if you would like you can use one of these vegetables:
- Canned or fresh green beans.
- Sliced mushrooms
- Bell peppers
What a fun recipe to try it’s a cozy casserole that you will enjoy!
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Six Layer Dinner
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup white onion sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 2 cups carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 cups russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 10.50 oz. cream of celery soup (undiluted)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet on the stove-top, drain.
- Add salt, pepper and onion powder to meat.
- Layer the ingredients: hamburger, then onion, celery, carrot, and potato.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cream of celery and milk. Pour over the potatoes, meat and veggies.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can I use another vegetable besides carrots?Yes, you can use one or more of these options:
- Canned or fresh green beans
- Bell peppers
Can I use a different soup than cream of celery?Yes! Use one or more of these options:
- Cream of chicken with herbs
- Cream of bacon
- Cream of mushroom
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
More slow cooker casserole recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Slow Cooker John Wayne Casserole
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Potato Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Slow Cooker Hashbrown Casserole
- Slow Cooker Vintage Potato and Ham Dinner
Claire Vericker says
My kids grew up on this recipe. When my husband was home for this dinner, I substituted Campbell’s tomato soup and peeled the potatoes. So good. Thanks for the memories.
This is really good! Dimple & cheap & yummy. Next time i think i will add another Can of soup or something extra. My dish didn’t come out as wet looking & creamy as your pictures.
I made this two days ago. Delicious!
Andrea Pellerin says
Just turned the crock pot on filled with above recipe. Can’t wait to spoon cooked content in a bowl and enjoy. I did add some thyme and rosemary so we’ll see.
Watching my sodium, I would just use cream cheese or sour cream instead of the soup.
Elizabeth Mills says
Campbell’s makes a creamy beefy mushroom soup that adds an amazing flavor to beef dishes; that’s what I’m going to try! This looks scrumptious!
Sarah Olson says
that sounds really good. I’ll have to look for that.
Jayne Behringer says
made this last week. it has now become my favorite slow cooker meal. delicious!
Recipe looks good. I may try this next week and also tell my daughter about the dish.
Shana Danae says
I really cannot wait to try this! It looks amazing!
Very perfect post! And that old Rival looks like the one I just replaced! Great job on the stop motion video, too.