Make this easy and complete Six Layer dinner in the slow cooker. Filled with potatoes, veggies and beef with a creamy sauce.
I found this recipe in an old cookbook called: Amish Country Cookbook Volume 2. The recipe I found for Six Layer Dinner in this book was not a slow cooker recipe, but I thought it would do well in the slow cooker. It’s a fairly healthy recipe that is full of veggies.
How to make Slow Cooker Six Layer Dinner:
Here are the layers to make this hearty layered dish:
- Ground beef – cooked crumbled and seasoned with salt, pepper and onion powder
- White onion – sliced
- Celery – sliced
- Carrots – sliced
- Russet potatoes – THINLY sliced
- Cream of celery soup – Mix with 3/4 cup milk
Can I use another soup besides cream of celery?
Of course! You can use any of these options:
- Cream of Chicken with herbs
- Cream of Bacon
- Cream of Mushroom
Can I use a different vegetable than carrots?
Yes, if you would like you can use one of these vegetables:
- Canned or fresh green beans.
- Sliced mushrooms
- Bell peppers
What a fun recipe to try it’s a cozy casserole that you will enjoy!
More slow cooker casserole recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Slow Cooker John Wayne Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Slow Cooker Hashbrown Casserole
- Slow Cooker Vintage Potato and Ham Dinner
Slow Cooker Six Layer Dinner
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup white onion sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 2 cups carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 cups russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 10.50 oz. cream of celery soup (undiluted)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet on the stove-top, drain.
- Add salt, pepper and onion powder to meat.
- Layer the ingredients: hamburger, then onion, celery, carrot, and potato.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cream of celery and milk. Pour over the potatoes, meat and veggies.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can I use another vegetable besides carrots?Yes, you can use one or more of these options:
- Canned or fresh green beans
- Bell peppers
Can I use a different soup than cream of celery?Yes! Use one or more of these options:
- Cream of chicken with herbs
- Cream of bacon
- Cream of mushroom
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.