Slow Cooker Pigs in a Cornfield is corn on the cob, pork and even potatoes cooked together for an easy hearty meal.
This recipe Slow Cooker Pigs in a Cornfield is a request from a gentleman named Buford, a fan from my YouTube channel. Before he suggested this recipe, I had not heard of this recipe before.
I was almost nervous to search for it. After I did a little research, I knew that this recipe would cook up great in the slow cooker. Thank you, Buford, for suggesting I try this.
How to make Pigs in a Cornfield:
The recipe starts with frozen halves of corn on the cob.
Then I add potatoes and onion in between.
Then I topped that with pork chops and bacon.
A mixture of cream of mushroom soup, milk and seasonings goes over everything in the pot.
7 hours later and this is what the meal looks like.
The recipe isn’t easy on the eyes, but sure tastes good!
Want to make in a dutch oven?
Going camping and want to use a dutch oven? The YouTube channel Outdoor Cast Iron has an amazing Dutch Oven Pigs in a Cornfield Recipe.
Can I use fresh corn instead of frozen?
Yes, fresh corn will work just as well as frozen!
Here are my other favorite Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Minnesota Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Sweet Baby Ray’s Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Pork Chop Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Alpine Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Chop Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Onions
Slow Cooker Pigs in a Cornfield
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 21 oz. cream of mushroom soup (two 10.5 oz. cans) (don’t add water)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 tsp. dried leaf thyme
- 6 half ears of corn (from freezer section of store)
- 5 small potatoes diced small
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 lbs. pork chops
- 8 slices bacon sliced, cooked and drained
- In a medium-sized bowl add the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, pepper and thyme. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the frozen corn standing them up on their ends in a ring around the outer edge of the slow cooker. Add potatoes in the middle of the corn. Sprinkle over onion.
- Add the pork chops on top of the corn and potatoes. Sprinkle over the cooked bacon. Spread over the soup mixture over the top of everything.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!