Perfect side dish for you today! This Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole is SO GOOD! I used to make a version in my oven, and it finally dawned on me to try it out in my slow cooker. It worked great! I like to serve these potatoes with prime rib, or steaks. Each bite I take has a little meat, and a little potato, match made in heaven!
I took a picture of the hash browns I use below. Every time I use a packaged potato product, people want to be sure to get the right one, so here it is, no confusion. I did add these potatoes to my slow cooker frozen, and it did fine.
Make sure to spray your slow cooker very, very well with non-stick spray! You’ll thank me later.
Don’t these look amazing? I don’t recommend making this cheesy of a dish everyday, but this recipe is perfect for a special dinner or party.
I hope you try this recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole! Have a great week!
- 1 24-oz. container sour cream (this is the HUGE one)
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheese (divided)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 (30-oz.) pkg. shredded hash browns (frozen)
- Spray a 6-quart oval slow cooker with non-stick spray, set aside. In a extra large bowl, stir together the sour cream, 3 cups of the cheese, salt, pepper and onion powder. Add in the frozen hash brown and stir until there is sour cream mixture coating all the hash browns.
- Add the cheesy hash brown mixture to the sprayed slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours and 20 minutes. Add remaining cheese (1 cup) and put the lid back on until the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used a 6-quart oval slow cooker for this recipe. You can see the exact slow cooker I used here.
You may also like: Pineapple Barbecue Glazed Drumsticks