Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham couldn’t be an easier way to make ham for your holiday dinner!
Does your family cook Turkey or Ham for the holiday dinner? My family does both. Cooking both in a small oven can be tricky. That’s why I’m sharing this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham with you today. Not only is it easy, it turns out moist, sweet and tender.
I’ll make this recipe just for my family, not just for the holidays . I’ll use the leftover meat for grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, and ham and eggs for breakfast, and I’ll make ham sandwiches for my husband and daughter’s lunches. None of this meat gets wasted!
I start this recipe with a 7 pound pork shoulder picnic ham. I stuck it down in the slow cooker slicing side down. I added a couple squeezes of mustard, a 1/2 cup of brown sugar and a whole can of crushed pineapple. Cooked it on LOW for 6 hours. How easy is that?!
- 6 - 7 lb. picnic pork shoulder ham, this ham will say ready to eat
- ⅛ cup mustard, just eye-ball it
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 20 oz. can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple, DO NOT DRAIN
- Add the ham in to the slow cooker how ever you can get it to fit, make sure the lid will go on. Squirt over the mustard. Pat over the brown sugar. Now pour over the pineapple.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Don't open the lid while it cooks, so heat doesn't escape.
- Slice and serve with pineapple and juices.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole