Short Ribs, Carrots and Garlic Tomato Gravy. Perfect for an easy Sunday dinner!
This meal was a last-minute idea. I wanted a beefy meal with carrots, I saw the short ribs and ran with it. For this meal I would make mashed potatoes for my family, I would eat a side salad with blue cheese dressing. I am still on the low carb diet, don’t worry I won’t be making low carb recipes here often, I just can live like that. In fact I have a post all about slow cooker desserts coming next week.
First I brown the short ribs and place them in the slow cooker with the carrots on top.
Using the same pan I browned the short ribs in I de-glaze the pan with some beef broth and tomato paste. I add oregano, thyme, onion powder and freshly minced garlic. The smell of this gravy is amazing!
This Short Ribs, Carrots and Garlic Tomato Gravy is a great meal for Sunday. Put this in the crock pot and enjoy your day. I do not like being stuck in the kitchen on a sunny Sunday. Meals like this make me happy.
Short Ribs, Carrots and Garlic Tomato GravyPrint Pin Rate
- 2 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste 1/2 small can
- 1.5 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1.5 lbs. carrots peeled and cut in half
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5- quart or larger
- Sprinkle the short ribs with the salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, brown the meat on all sides. No need to cook through. Place the browned short ribs into the slow cooker. Do not rinse the pan, add the beef broth, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, onion powder and garlic to the pan. Use a spatula to scrap up any bits of meat from the bottom of the pan into the sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add the carrots over the short ribs. Pour the sauce from the skillet over the short ribs and carrots.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. This can go for 8 hours, but the meat will not stay on the bones at all.
- Serve and enjoy!