Slow Cooker Molasses Country Style Pork Ribs have a sweet and tangy sauce that goes great over rice.
Hi all! Do you ever cook with molasses? I’ve been on a molasses kick since before Christmas. I found a great sauce recipe for chicken in my copper grill cookbook and had to try it on pork ribs. This sauce has tang, sweetness and a touch of spice. The butter cuts down on the sweetness, if you are wondering why that’s an ingredient.
I think country style ribs aren’t used enough in recipes. If you don’t know what country style ribs are, they have very few bones. The meat is in strips, these are not traditional style ribs. Country style ribs don’t need a full 8 hours of cooking since they aren’t terribly thick and don’t need as much time as a roast. In this recipe the meat falls apart with just a touch of a fork after just 6 hours of cooking.
Here is the YouTube video of this recipe. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Start up the rice maker a bit before this recipe is done and you’ll have an effortless dinner. I hope you give this recipe a try!
Slow Cooker Molasses Country Pork Ribs
- 3 lbs. Country style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flake
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced and divided
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5 Quart or larger
- Add the country style pork ribs in to the slow cooker.
- In a medium sized bowl add the molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes, butter, hot sauce, onion and half of the green onions. Stir until combined.
- Add the sauce over the pork ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onions and serve.
I used my 6-quart Crock-Pot for this recipe, though any slow cooker 5-quart or larger should work fine.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup