Slow Cooker Lemon Spoon Cake is a delicious cake that is meant to be served warm!
Warm Lemon Cake with ice cream anyone? Yes, please! I made this Slow Cooker Lemon Spoon cake with a yellow cake mix, but I added a ton of lemon flavor with lemon juice, and zest.
Why make this lemon cake in the slow cooker you ask, and not your oven? Well, because I’ve never had a cake turn out so moist, it was almost heaven like.
This Lemon Spoon Cake recipe is great for company, just prepare and start the cake before guests arrive, and add lemon glaze right before serving.
How to make Lemon Spoon Cake:
- Mix together a yellow cake mix, eggs, melted butter, water, lemon juice, and zest until just blended.
- Grease a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray and add the batter.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time up, make the glaze. Mix together lemon juice, zest, and powdered sugar until smooth. Pour over the hot cake.
I had planned to call this recipe Lemon Dump Cake (doesn’t this cake look like a dump cake?). I guess you can’t call a recipe a dump cake if you stir it. So Lemon Spoon Cake it was!
How to serve lemon spoon cake?
- Keep the slow cooker on warm until ready to serve
- Serve buffet style; let guests serve themselves
- Offer ice-cream and whipped cream for topping the spoon cake.
I hope you enjoy this warm lemon spoon cake and put it on your menu asap! You won’t be disapointed.
Love lemon desserts? Try one of these too!
- Two Ingredient Lemon Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- Lemon Muddy Buddies
OutragousLemon Lovers Trifle
- Sour Cream Lemon Pie
Slow Cooker Lemon Spoon Cake
- Slow Cooker Size: 6-quart or larger
- 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix I used pillsbury
- ½ cup lemon juice (note you will need about 4 large lemons for this recipe)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest packed
For the glaze:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, lemon juice, water, melted butter, eggs, and lemon zest, mix with a spoon until combined. Don’t over mix, some lumps are fine.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour batter in slow cooker, and smooth the batter down evenly
- Cook on high for 2 hours. The cake should be firm in the middle.
- Mix Glaze ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Pour over lemon cake
- Scoop into bowls, and serve with vanilla ice cream