Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Pasta. This buttery chicken and pasta is a hit at our house!
Hi all! I have another pasta slow cooker meal for you. I made this the other day while we were out at the lake, came home boiled the noodles and dinner was served. I cook my noodles separately, not in the slow cooker. I’ve tried many recipes where the noodles are cooked in the slow cooker and I had to toss them out, the noodles get floury and mushy.
To make this delicious meal, I start by adding chicken thighs, garlic, onions, carrots, seasonings and butter into my slow cooker.
I shred the chicken after this has cooked for 7-8 hours.
I add frozen peas.
Then 1 pound al dente cooked rotini pasta
Stir and serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Doesn’t this look great? My daughter loved everything but the carrots. At least she liked the most of it!
I hope you had a great 4th of July! I will be back soon with another slow cooker recipe. Stay tuned!
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Pasta
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 white onion, diced
- ½ cup sliced butter
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas ADD AT THE END
- 1 lb. rotini pasta cooked al dente, ADD AT THE END
- Parmesan cheese for serving
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- Add the chicken, garlic, onions, carrots, butter, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Shred the chicken. Add the peas, and the drained and cooked pasta. Stir.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!
I used my 6-quart Crock-Pot for this recipe. I don’t recommend using anything smaller.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash