This Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta recipe is perfect when you’re looking to cook up some chicken thighs, veggies, and pasta. It’s a one pot meal that yields tender chicken and only needs just a handful on ingredients. Give this delicious meal a try next time you’re looking for something easy to put on the dinner table.
Chicken pasta recipes are so versatile and if you’re looking to put together a complete meal plan, add my Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta and Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta to your list.
Why You’ll Love This
One of the things you’ll like most about this easy garlic butter chicken pasta is that it’s a complete meal. Loaded with tender chicken, pasta, vegetables, and a homemade garlic butter sauce, you’ll barely have to lift a finger for dinner.
I made this while we were out at the lake one day and all I had to do was came home, boil the noodles, and dinner was served.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs: Tender and juicy boneless chicken thighs are a primary protein source for the dish.
- Minced garlic: A flavorful addition, minced garlic enhances the overall taste of the dish with its aromatic and sharp taste.
- Carrots (peeled and sliced): Sweet and earthy carrots add a vibrant color and natural sweetness to the slow cooked recipe.
- White onion (diced): Diced white onion contributes a savory flavor and texture to the dish, blending well with other ingredients.
- Salted butter (cut into slices): These infuse the dish with a delicious and creamy flavor.
- Dried thyme: Brings a warm and herbal hint, enhancing the overall aroma and taste of the chicken pasta.
- Dried basil: Dried basil adds a fragrant, slightly peppery flavor, complementing the other herbs in the dish.
- Sea salt: Sea salt serves to season and elevate the flavors of the ingredients, providing a balanced taste. You can also use kosher salt.
- Black pepper: Pepper contributes a subtle heat and depth to the dish, enhancing its overall savory taste.
- Frozen peas (ADD AT THE END): Bright green frozen peas add a burst of color and freshness when stirred in towards the end of cooking.
- Rotini pasta cooked al dente (ADD AT THE END): Al dente rotini pasta, added towards the end, provides a hearty texture and completes the chicken pasta dish.
- Parmesan cheese (for serving): Grated Parmesan cheese is a finishing touch, offering a flavorful and salty flavor to enhance the overall taste of the dish when served.
Step One – Add the chicken, garlic, onions, carrots, butter, thyme, basil, salt and pepper into the crock pot.
Step Two – Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
Step Three – Shred the cooked chicken with 2 forks directly in the slow cooker pot.
Step Four – Cook pasta in a large pot according to the package directions. Add in cooked pasta (discarding the pasta water).
Step Five – Add the peas.
Step Six – Stir until combined well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately! Enjoy!
How to Serve
- Serve the Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta on individual plates, garnishing each portion with a sprinkle of fresh herbs, such as chopped parsley or basil. Optionally, add a generous amount of freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top for an extra layer of cheesy goodness. Make it creamy garlic chicken pasta by adding mozzarella cheese.
- You can also serve this pasta on a bed of fresh spinach or arugula for a lighter meal option. The greens add a fresh contrast to the warm pasta and chicken, creating a well-balanced and visually appealing dish.
- Side dishes such as golden brown garlic bread, a simple side salad, roasted green beans, grilled asparagus, Caprese salad, coleslaw, sautéed spinach, bruschetta, mashed potatoes, or quinoa/couscous pair great for a well-rounded and delicious meal.
Of course! Switch things up by using egg noodles, angel hair pasta, spaghetti noodles, whole wheat pasta, bow tie pasta, or any other kind of your choice. Simply cook the pasta according to the box and add pasta in the end.
No. Garlic chicken pasta tastes great with chicken breasts, grilled chicken, and/or rotisserie chicken. Chicken cooks a bit differently depending on the cut; however, you should still have thoroughly cooked and shred-ready chicken by the end of the cooking time.
To store leftovers transfer the cooled leftovers into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, gently warm in a microwave or on the stovetop over medium heat or medium high heat, adding a splash of broth or water if needed to prevent dryness.
Fresh parsley, garlic powder, olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, cherry tomatoes, and/or roasted vegetables can all be added to this dish to create enhanced flavor. Add salt and lemon zest just before serving for an additional pop in taste.
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 white onion, diced
- ½ cup salted butter cut into slices
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas ADD AT THE END
- 1 lb. rotini pasta cooked al dente, ADD AT THE END
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Add the chicken, garlic, onions, carrots, butter, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Shred the chicken. Add the peas, and the drained and cooked pasta. Stir.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!
How to Video:
- To store leftovers transfer the cooled leftovers into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, gently warm in a microwave or on the stovetop over medium heat or medium high heat, adding a splash of broth or water if needed to prevent dryness.
- Switch things up by using egg noodles, angel hair pasta, spaghetti noodles, whole wheat pasta, bow tie pasta, or any other kind of your choice. Simply cook the pasta according to the box and add pasta in the en
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.