This delicious meal features chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, veggies, egg noodles, and chicken breasts for an easy slow cooker chicken and noodles recipe. It’s such a great recipe when you’re looking for something low prep, fast cooking, and something the whole family will enjoy.
Why this chicken and noodles crockpot recipe works
Crock pot chicken has always been one of my favorite ways to cook a meal that my family truly enjoys. Cooking chicken in the slow cooker always yields juicy chicken that’s easy to shred or can be kept as is. For this particular crockpot chicken recipe, you’ll shred the chicken just before adding the noodles and frozen peas.
The creamy chicken is made with cream of chicken soup and chicken broth while the flavors are created by using seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, and fresh parsley for garnish. To keep tender egg noodles, they are cooked separately and added toward the end of cooking time. This is one of those popular recipes that’s sure to become a new family favorite.
- Chicken Breasts: You’ll need about 2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breasts. When they are turned into shredded chicken, it makes enough chicken noodle soup to feed a crowd.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: Don’t worry about adding water to this condensed cream of chicken soup as you’ll be adding broth.
- Carrots: 4 carrots will be peeled and sliced and tossed in at the beginning to make sure they are cooked tender.
- Chicken Broth: Instead of using water with the soup, add the broth instead. And if you want to create more soup, you can always add more broth.
- Onion: Part of the heartiness of this soup comes from the veggies, which includes dicing a white onion and adding it to the other fresh vegetables.
- Parsley: You can use dried or fresh parsley as a garnish.
- Seasonings: Salt to taste, black pepper, and garlic powder add the perfect amount of flavor and meshes well with what’s already in the broth and condensed soup.
- Dry Egg Noodles: Wide egg noodles are what I prefer to use with a recipe like this. Noodles cooked separately and then added are the best way to preserve their texture and keep them from becoming mushy.
- Frozen Peas: Although you can use frozen mixed vegetables, I like to use fresh ones except for peas. These are added at the end to keep them from becoming overly mushy as well.
Step One – Add the chicken breasts, onion, and carrots to the slow cooker.
Step Two – Add the cream of chicken soup, broth, and seasonings.
Step Three – Cover and cook on LOW For 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
Step Four – When the cooking time is near up, cook the egg noodles. DO NOT OVERCOOK THEM. You want to cook them al dente. Watch them closely while they cook, left too long to boil and they will fall apart. Shred the chicken with two forks.
Step Five – Drain the pasta and add to the chicken soup along with the peas.
Step Six – Give everything a good stir. Serve and enjoy!
- To harness even more chicken flavor, you can add chicken bouillon cubes.
- When it comes to enhancing the flavors, you can’t go wrong with adding fresh herbs, garlic salt, butter slices, poultry seasoning, and onion powder.
- Make it heartier by adding green beans, mushrooms, and corn.
Yes. These are typically just as juicy and are even known to be more flavorful. They also shred easily as well.
Pour any leftovers into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Absolutely. If you know how to make homemade egg noodles, go for it! I recommend sticking to the same cooking instructions and waiting until toward the end of the chicken is done.
Mushroom soup is typically the go-to. It won’t change the taste by much but it may look a little different. You’ll still get a creamy sauce.
Although it’d be two starches together, some people enjoy a scoop of the chicken soup over a bed of mashed potatoes. It also pairs well with other frozen veggies such as green beans, okra, and corn.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 21 oz. cream of chicken soup (do not add water)
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
WAIT TO ADD:
- 12 oz. dried extra wide egg noodles (will be cooking on the stovetop)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt to taste (add at the end of cooking time)
- Add the chicken breasts, onion and carrots to the slow cooker.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, broth and seasonings.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW For 6 hour or HIGH for 4 hours.
- When the cooking time is near up, cook the egg noodles. DO NOT OVER COOK THEM. You want to cook them to al dente. Watch them closely while they cook, left too long to boil and they will fall apart.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, add the peas.
- Drain the pasta and add to the chicken and sauce. Add salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
- Pour any leftovers into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Don’t have cream of chicken? Mushroom soup is typically the go-to instead. It won’t change the taste by much but it may look a little different. You’ll still get a creamy sauce.
- Additional vegetables can be added such as green beans, potatoes or mushrooms.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.