Have you ever made Slow Cooker Turkey Stock? I thought it would be time-consuming, but it was a cinch to make. My husband came into the kitchen and said I was turning into my Grandma- that I just can’t let anything go to waste. But this isn’t just about saving money, this is about getting some great stock!
This stock can be used for all your recipes in place of chicken broth. Freeze the stock, or use within a few days. This recipe could be made with a leftover rotisserie chicken carcass instead of the turkey.
Slow Cooker Turkey Stock
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- turkey carcass cut in pieces
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 white onion cut in half
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. black peppercorns
- water to cover
- Fill half of the slow cooker with the turkey pieces.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Fill with water, leaving about an inch of room on the top.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove all the solids and discard.
- Strain the broth through fine mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth, dishtowel, or coffee filter into a larger bowl.
- Use stock within a few days or freeze.