Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Drumsticks are a spicy dinner that I can’t get enough of!
Buffalo wings are one of my top 10 favorite foods and probably always will be. This recipe uses skinless drumsticks mostly because I don’t have to worry about browning the skin and it keeps the sauce from getting greasy. I add a touch of cayenne for more heat and also minced garlic.
Taking the skin off the drumsticks takes a bit of work, but once you get the rhythm down it’s no problem. I start by pulling the skin down, then when it gets too tough to pull, I grab the skin with a paper towel. Some were too tough even with that trick and I had to cut the skin off with a knife.
I serve these Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Drumsticks with mashed potatoes and corn. A drizzle of ranch dressing would be great over the chicken too.
More buffalo recipes to try in your slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken (shredded)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken 15 Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Pork Ribs
Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 4 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 oz. Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks. I do this by pulling the skin as far down as I can, then when I can pull any further I grab onto the skin with a paper towel and the skin usually comes right off. I did have to cut the skin off of a few.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the garlic, cayenne, pepper, and ranch dressing mix. Pour over the Frank’s Red Hot and the melted butter. Stir.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.