Too hot to grill? Try this Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken with Bell Peppers and Onions for an easy dinner on a hot day.
This recipe is a copy from an older recipe I have, which I used pork instead of chicken. This week I have been pressed for time and wanted an easy barbecue chicken recipe and a favorite older barbecue recipe came to mind. If you want to see my pork version of the recipe, you can see it here.
My favorite thing to add for depth of flavor to a lot of my slow cooker recipes is Worcestershire sauce. I always have it on hand, it adds a tangy flavor to this recipe.
You can see in the photos what a great sauce this recipe has. I like to serve this meal over rice, and if you have a rice maker, this entire meal couldn’t be easier.
It’s corn season finally here! Doesn’t corn go great with just about every summer meal?
I think you will enjoy this easy barbecue recipe, no slaving over the hot grill for this one. I’m trying my best to find more summer recipes for y’all, so stay tuned. Have a great week.
Can’t get enough? Try another one of my barbecue recipes:
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken
- Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Ribs
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Bacon Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Peachy Barbecue Ribs
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken with Bell Peppers and Onions
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. chicken tenderloins
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve over rice if desired.