Too hot to grill? Try this Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken with Bell Peppers and Onions for an easy dinner on a hot day.
This recipe is a copy from an older recipe I have, which I used pork instead of chicken. This week I have been pressed for time and wanted an easy barbecue chicken recipe and a favorite older barbecue recipe came to mind. If you want to see my pork version of the recipe, you can see it here.
My favorite thing to add for depth of flavor to a lot of my slow cooker recipes is Worcestershire sauce. I always have it on hand, it adds a tangy flavor to this recipe.
You can see in the photos what a great sauce this recipe has. I like to serve this meal over rice, and if you have a rice maker, this entire meal couldn’t be easier.
It’s corn season finally here! Doesn’t corn go great with just about every summer meal?
I think you will enjoy this easy barbecue recipe, no slaving over the hot grill for this one. I’m trying my best to find more summer recipes for y’all, so stay tuned. Have a great week.
- 2 lbs. chicken tenderloins
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5 quart or larger
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve over rice if desired.