Mouth-watering Country Style Barbecue Ribs with Bell Peppers and Onions served over rice. This is an easy summer dinner recipe your whole family will enjoy!
Hi all! These Country Style Barbecue Ribs with Bell Peppers and Onions is such a delicious meal, and it can be made into a freezer meal! I run out of meals to make in the summer, and I really can’t stand hot dogs or sandwiches again already. I was wracking my brain trying to think of a freezer meal for this month that would be pork and barbecue, but a little more flavorful. In addition to the pork and the barbecue sauce I add bell pepper, onion, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and a touch of red pepper flake. Serve this meal with rice and maybe some fruit and dinner is served.
Below is the photo of the meal all ready to go into the freezer (not cooked yet). These can last in the freezer for about a month. This meal does not need to be made into a freezer meal if that isn’t your thing, it can be thrown directly into the slow cooker.
See the video of this delicious meal below. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Have a great weekend! I will be back next week with another recipe for your slow cooker, stay tuned!
- 2.5-3 lbs. country-style ribs (mine were bone-in)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 5-quart or larger
- (If wanting to make this into a freezer meal follow freezer instruction below the normal instructions)
- Add the pork, onion and bell peppers to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes, stir until smooth.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pork and veggies.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Add the pork, bell pepper and onion into a gallon freezer Ziplock bag.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the pork and veggies. Seal the bag.
- Freeze the meal for up to a month. Thaw 24 hours in advance in the fridge.
- To cook: dump the entire bag into the slow cooker, cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.