Tender Slow Cooker Baked Apples made easy with granola, melted butter, and maple syrup! Top with ice cream or whipped cream.
If you have plenty of apples make these easy baked apples. If you have even more apples try my apple butter recipe!
This recipe for slow cooker baked apples could be for dessert, or for breakfast; if you can refrain from adding ice cream in the morning! I had originally planned these slow cooker baked apples for breakfast, hence the granola.
When I opened my slow cooker and smelled the aroma of apple crisp, that plan went out the window, so dessert for me it was, for breakfast…
How to make Slow Cooker Baked Apples:
- Apples – Any variety of apple works, I use medium-sized Gala
- Granola – The granola is just the perfect crispy topping since the slow cooker can’t brown things.
- Melted salted butter – Makes the apples extra decadent.
- Maple syrup – or honey works here too!
- Cut the tops off the apples with a knife, the gut them with a melon baller, if you don’t have a melon baller, a round measuring teaspoon will do the trick.
- Add the granola to the center of the apples, drizzle over the melted butter and maple syrup.
How long do I slow cook baked apples?
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2.5 – 3 hours.
I want my apples extra soft, how long should I cook?
If you want your apples to be extra tender, cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Can I add cinnamon to these?
Yes! Sprinkle about a half teaspoon of cinnamon over these apples, it will taste great and also make the house smell amazing.
How to serve these apples?
- Put one apple (or half if they are large) in a bowl.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
More apple recipes to make in the crockpot:
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Apples
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Butter
- Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin
Slow Cooker Baked apples bring back so many memories of my childhood. They are so pretty and really fun to make. I hope you enjoy this easy granola version, whether it be for breakfast or dessert!
Slow Cooker Baked Apples
- Slow Cooker – 5 quart or larger
- 5 medium-sized gala apples
- 1¼ cups granola
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 5 tsp. maple syrup
- ice cream or whipped cream for serving if making for dessert
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5 quart or larger
- Cut a layer off the top of the apples with a knife. With a melon baller tool, or a measuring teaspoon, remove the core and seeds from each apple.
- Pack 1/4 cup granola into each apple, and place into the slow cooker.
- Drizzle the apples evenly with the melted butter, and add a teaspoon of maple syrup to each apple.
- Cover, and cook on high for 2.5 – 3 hours until tender, but not falling apart.
- Serve as is, or add ice cream or whipped cream. ENJOY!
How to Video:
First Published: 05/27/2014