Make these easy Cheesy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes in the Crockpot. No stove-top roux needed!
These cheesy bacon scalloped potatoes make for a wonderful side dish for Easter Ham, or any barbecue dish!
Many scalloped potato recipes call for a homemade roux that is made in a pot on the stove-top. Not these potatoes. These potatoes have cheesy sour cream sauce and are easy to prepare
Can I add ham to this recipe?
Yes! Add diced or thinly sliced ham with the potato slices.
More slow cooker potato dishes to make:
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato Casserole
- Slow Cooker Sour Cream and Onion Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Campfire Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Cheesy Bacon Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 4 cups russet potatoes (1/4 inch thick sliced) (about 1 pound)
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon sliced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Mix together sour cream, cheese, bacon, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, add sliced potatoes, and stir.
- Pour mixture into the slow cooker, and flatten with spatula.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover, and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 – 4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir carefully, trying not to break up potatoes, and sprinkle with more paprika if desired. Enjoy!