Make the most flavorful chicken with this slow cooker mayo chicken recipe. It’s flavored to perfection and sure to be a big hit with the whole family (even the kiddos). You only need a few ingredients, your slow cooker, and a few hours of cooking time.
Why this mayo chicken recipe works
If you’re looking to switch things up for dinner, this mayo chicken is the meal to try. It’s easy to prep and has a cooking time that allows you to get things done during the day while dinner slow cooks in the crockpot. I also like the easy prep and versatility of this recipe.
Mayonnaise will keep the chicken moist and add flavor! Once you’ve chopped the onion and carrots, all you need to do is place the chicken into the slow cooker, cover it with the mayo mixture, and enjoy the aroma that will fill your kitchen. This is a great recipe to try if you’re looking for a quick and super delicious meal.
- Whole Chicken: To make sure there’s enough for everyone, I suggest using a chicken that is anywhere between 4-6 pounds. This will yield plenty to go around.
- Veggies: You’ll used slice onion and chopped carrots to line the bottom of the crockpot. Not only will this provide flavor during the cooking process, but it also helps with keeping the chicken from burning/sticking to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mayonnaise: Being the highlight of the recipe, mayo is used to create a unique flavor as well as a tool to making the chicken moist!
- Seasonings: Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and dried or fresh parsley are the seasonings you’ll use to harness the best flavor.
Step One – Add the carrots and sliced onions to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Step Two – Place the chicken on top of the carrots and onions. Spread over the mayonnaise mixture evenly.
Step Three – Sprinkle over the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and parsley.
Step Four – Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours. The chicken should fall away from the bone or have an internal temperature of 165° on a thermometer. Serve and enjoy!
How to Serve
- Since the chicken is cooked with carrots and onions, you can serve those on top with an extra drizzle of juices and sprinkle of shredded cheese or remaining parmesan cheese.
- When it comes to sides, consider serving the chicken with mashed potatoes, green beans, a fresh salad, or your favorite side dishes.
- Don’t forget the bread! The juices are delicious and can be sopped up with delicious bread like dinner rolls, cornbread, or an Italian style bread.
No. You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts, chicken legs, chicken tenders, and/or chicken thighs. I’ve also seen this recipe done with pork chops. All you need to do is spread the chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins evenly and continue the cooking instruction.
The seasonings that the recipe uses plenty of flavor; however, you can also add onion powder, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, and olive oil
The most common substitutions for mayonnaise are miracle whip (some people like that better), plain yogurt, or sour cream.
All you need is parmesan cheese and bread crumbs! Simply combine grated parmesan cheese and only a handful of panko breadcrumbs together in a medium bowl and sprinkle the mixture on top of the chicken before cooking. It’s really easy to turn this into a mayo parmesan chicken recipe.
No. That’s not necessary as there are plenty of juices that will keep the chicken and veggies from sticking.
Add any remaining chicken, onion, and carrots to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken with Mayo
- 5-6 whole carrots peeled and cut into thirds
- 1 sweet yellow onion sliced
- 4-6 lb. whole chicken
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- Add the carrots and sliced onions to the slow cooker.
- Remove the chicken from it's packaging, remove in items from its center and discard, drain off any juices. Add to the slow cooker on top of the carrots and onions.
- Spread over the mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle over the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and parsley.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. The chicken should fall away from the bone or read 165° on a thermometer.
- Serve the chicken with the carrots and onion and another side dish if desired. Enjoy!
- Add any remaining chicken, onion, and carrots to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Miracle whip or greek yogurt can be used instead of mayonnaise if desired.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.