Italian dressing, brown sugar, and chicken breasts are combined and tossed in the crockpot for an easy prep Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken the whole family are sure to enjoy. Cook it up with your favorite side dishes for a full meal packed with great flavor.
Why this brown sugar Italian chicken recipe works
If you are looking for an easy dinner tonight, then you’ll want to try this 3 ingredient brown sugar chicken. Since there are only three ingredients, the prep time is quick and the cooking time is moderate. Easy recipes like this come in handy when you are looking for something tasty and versatile.
Chicken recipes like these are always my go to and it’s sure to be yours too! Keep reading to see just how easy it is to make this chicken absolutely delicious chicken recipe.
- Chicken: For this recipe, I recommend using a large pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Cut them in half to cut down on the cooking time and ensure they are done completely.
- Italian Dressing: You can use any brand of regular Italian dressing that you prefer. I like to use Newman’s Own family recipe Italian. It has all of the perfect flavors for this Italian dressing chicken.
- Brown Sugar: Light brown sugar adds the perfect balance of sweetness to the tanginess of the Italian dressing.
Step One – Add the chicken breasts to the crock pot.
Step Two – Add the brown sugar on top of the chicken.
Step Three – Pour over the salad dressing to create a brown sugar mixture.
Step Four – Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Serve and enjoy!
How to serve
- This is the type of chicken that you can serve whole or shredded. I recommend serving it whole if you’re going to place it on top of something or shredded if you want to use it as a topping (like over nachos).
- Make this chicken dinner complete with sides like white rice, green beans, mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni and cheese, roasted veggies, or even a nice small garden salad.
- If you want to put something on top of the chicken, go for a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, a dash of red pepper flakes, or a drizzle of olive oil with fresh parsley. This will surely add extra flavor.
Yes, you will want to mix the Italian dressing mix with the appropriate amount of water and vinegar then proceed with the recipe.
Yes! You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
Yes, the only difference between the two is one will have more molasses than the other but it shouldn’t affect the taste.
Place any leftover chicken in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can reheat it in the oven covered with aluminum foil.
It’s not necessary because the chicken will create its own juice in addition to having the liquid from the dressing. I would suggest using a liner if you simply want an easier cleanup.
No. Let your chicken defrost completely before cooking. You want to make sure your chicken reaches the correct temperature all the way through.
Of course! Simply use a baking dish and cook like any other baked chicken recipe.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup Newman's Own Family Style Italian dressing
- Rice or mashed potatoes
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker. Add the brown sugar on top of the chicken.
- Pour over the dressing.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve whole or shred (photographer choose)!
- Want to use an Italian dressing dry mix? You will want to mix the Italian dressing mix with the appropriate amount of water and vinegar, then proceed with the recipe.
- To Store: Place any leftover chicken in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can reheat it in the oven covered with aluminum foil.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.