Tater tot casserole is a recipe I love from my childhood! And easy to make in the slow cooker
What’s your favorite comfort food? Well, my favorite comfort food is tater tot casserole. Yeah, this casserole isn’t the most glamorous meal you can make, but it’s sure delicious!
To make this tater tot casserole, I start by browning hamburger in a skillet with diced onion, season with salt and pepper, add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, a little milk. Then I layer the tots and green beans in the slow cooker and pour over the ground beef mixture and top with cheese. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours and dinner is ready!
Below is my YouTube video on how to make this Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 32 oz. bag tater tots
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 10.5 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 2 14.5 oz. cans green beans, drained (or 1 small bag frozen)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6 quart or larger
- In a large skillet set over medium high heat add the ground beef and onion. Cook until the beef is brown. Drain fat.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and milk to the pan with the beef. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Add half of the tater tots to the slow cooker, spread them out to an even layer. Add the green beans next. Then the rest of the tater tots. Pour over the beef mixture. Spinkle over the cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time. Serve and enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Ham and Cheese Corn