Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans and Bacon is an easy and flavorful side dish that will surprise your guests.
You can also make a version of this recipe without sweet potatoes, try my green beans and bacon recipe or my green beans and potatoes recipe.
You are going to love this side dish. Sweet Potatoes, green beans, onions, and bacon cook together to become a perfect side dish for almost anything.
I made grilled chicken this weekend and made this beautiful side dish to go with. I’m trying to cut potatoes out of my diet for most of the week, and sweet potatoes are a great switch in recipes.
Below is a photo of this side dish before I cooked it, very colorful. I use red garnet sweet potatoes for this recipe.
Even after I cooked this side dish, the colors are still amazing. We are going camping this month and I was thinking that this would be perfect along with side steak or even a burger.
Can I use russet potatoes instead of sweet potatoes?
Yes! That will work great, though the cooking time will need 3.5-4 hours for the potatoes to soften for russet potatoes take longer than sweet potatoes.
Other great Slow Cooker recipes with Sweet Potatoes:
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Sweet Potato Dinner
- Slow Cooker Ham and Sweet Potatoes
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans and Bacon
- 4 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes I use red garnet
- 4 cup fresh green beans snipped and cut in half
- 1 cup diced onion cut in large pieces
- 10 slices bacon cut and cooked (reserve some grease, see item below)
- 2 Tbsp. bacon grease
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Add the veggies, bacon, bacon grease and water.
- In a small bowl stir together the salt, pepper, onion powder and cinnamon, stir. Sprinkle this over the veggies in the slow cooker.
- Stir until the seasoning cover the veggies.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
Coarse chopped onions are big chunks cut, then there’s Diced onions that’s the size of salsa dips and minced onions are the smallest it gets
love your receipes but live in Australia,can you tell me what bacon grease is?
Sarah Olson says
Hi Michelle, bacon grease is the drippings from the bacon when is being cooked.
Kathlene M. says
I used the same recipe but substituted some of the real bacon for turkey bacon fried in the grease of the bacon. Delicious! ! Thank you!
Thank for your great and easy recipes, looking forward to cooking with you!