Make an entire pot of this Slow Cooker Queso Verde for your next party!
I’ve tried to make this Slow Cooker Queso Verde for months. Finding white Velveeta cheese was not easy. After searching every store in town, I found out that Walmart is the only store in my area to carry it.
I order queso dip at every Mexican restaurant I can find, and get a little upset when it isn’t offered. This recipe makes a huge batch, so invite all your friends over!
When I make cheese dip with Velveeta, I do not like it thick. I like to add a good amount of milk in addition to the salsa and sour cream. I used Herdez salsa verde for this recipe, it has a great consistency for this.
This is the type of recipe that would be great to bring to a pot luck! It will disappear in a hurry! I made my usual homemade corn chips to serve with this dip, SOO delicious. Be sure to save this recipe for later, it will be great for your next party.
Slow Cooker Queso Verde
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 2 lbs. white Velveeta Cheese (I find this at Walmart)
- 1 cup milk
- 16 oz. jar salsa verde
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 jalapenos minced
- Cut the Velveeta cheese into cubes. Add the velveeta and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!