Do you want to make the perfect pumpkin spice latte? This recipe is so easy and tastes just like the ones from Starbucks. It’s made in the slow cooker, which means you can make a large batch for a party.
Why this recipe works
These slow cooker pumpkin spice lattes would be fun for after trick-or-treating or for a fall brunch. This is even great on those snowy days when the kids are playing. Make them hot chocolate and make yourself a treat too. Note- I don’t like my coffee overly sweet, so add the sugar to your taste.
I start with freshly brewed coffee because I know most of us don’t have an espresso machine. I stir in half and half, canned pumpkin, spices, vanilla extract,
How to make pumpkin spice lattes in the slow cooker
- Freshly brewed strong coffee – I like Starbucks Pike Place but you can use your favorite blend. You’ll want to brew your coffee very strong. Also, you want to measure out 7 cups with a measuring cup, do not rely on the lines on the coffee carafe, they are not accurate.
- Pumpkin puree- You want to make sure it is pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, here is my homemade pumpkin puree recipe.
- Heavy cream– You can also use light cream (whipping cream) or half and half.
- Flavorings -You want to add the flavorings to get that pumpkin spice flavor, like vanilla, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon.
- Sugar– I add just a touch of sugar for you won’t be able to taste the spices if it’s too sweet.
- Whipped cream for serving – canned or homemade.
- Additional nutmeg – for topping, this will make the lattes look pretty and it tastes great.
Step by Step Directions
Step one -Add the coffee, pumpkin, heavy cream, spices, sugar, and vanilla to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir.
Step two – Cover and cook on high for 45 minutes to an hour. Ladle into mugs, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Place the extra pumpkin spice latte in the refrigerator. It will last for about five days in the fridge.
The easiest way to reheat the pumpkin spice coffee is the microwave. You can also reheat it on the stove in a saucepan.
You can make this an iced pumpkin latte. Once you have completed the recipe, let it cool. Once it is cooled, you can make it into iced coffee.
Suppose you do not have all of the seasonings on hand. Use about one teaspoon of pumpkin spice seasoning instead.
You can add 1-2 ounces of coffee liquor such as Kahlua to your own personal mug for a boozy kick.
You can use decaf coffee in this recipe; alternately, you can make a pumpkin spice hot chocolate recipe instead.
Chocolate – Add a heavy drizzle of chocolate over the whipped cream.
Caramel – Add a drizzle of caramel to your whipped cream.
Cardamom – Add a 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom for extra fall flavor.
You can use brown sugar, honey or even a sugar substitute. Add a little at a time and taste to your liking
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Slow Cooker – 4 quart or larger
- 7 cups hot brewed coffee measure it after it is brewed, don't trust the measurements on the carafe- I use Starbucks Pike Place Roast
- 1 cup canned 100% pumpkin puree (labeled 100% pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
Optional for serving
- aerosol whipped cream or homemade if your feeling ambitious
- nutmeg for garnish
- To your slow cooker, add the coffee, pumpkin, heavy cream, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar. Stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 45min- 1 hour, or until hot.
- Stir, and serve topped with whipped cream and nutmeg.
How to Video:
- Chocolate – Add a heavy drizzle of chocolate over the whipped cream.
- Caramel – Add a drizzle of caramel to your whipped cream.
- Cardamom – Add a 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom for extra fall flavor.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.