These Slow Cooker Greek Drumsticks have so much flavor and are fall off the bone good!
This Greek chicken turned out great. The chicken can be marinated over night in a ziplock bag with the yogurt marinade or it can be popped directly into the slow cooker the same day. Since the slow cooker heats up slowly, the chicken gets a bit of time to soak up the Greek flavors of the marinade.
The marinade has yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, parsley and salt and pepper. This recipe has all natural simple ingredients but has so much flavor.
Below is the chicken after cooking in the slow cooker but I also put the chicken under the broiler in the oven to get the skin crispy.
This was a great recipe, the Greek flavors were great on the drumsticks. It was a great recipe my whole family enjoyed which is always nice. I hope you have a great week.
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3-quart or larger
- Add the drumsticks down in the slow cooker. In a small bowl combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is done you may desire to brown the chicken, I do this in the oven under the broiler for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve and enjoy!
- NOTE- the yogurt mixture and chicken can be put into a Ziploc bag the night before for extra marinating time.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Enchilada Beef Chili