Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken and Ranch Potatoes
I love a complete meal in my slow cooker, that’s why I love this recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken and Ranch Potatoes!
In a glass bowl, I tossed together red potatoes, olive oil, and some dry ranch mix, then I put the entire glass bowl right into my slow cooker (I used a pampered chef small batter bowl). I then put the chicken drumsticks that I browned, into the slow cooker, right next to the bowl of potatoes, then I added some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, and a little water, I cooked this on High for 4 hours.
The house smelled so good while this was cooking. I could barely wait! Chicken Drummies are such a kid friendly meal, my little one loved it!
- 1½ pounds red potatoes (1/2 inch dice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- ½ packet ranch dressing dry mix
- cooking oil to brown the chicken
- 2-3 pounds raw chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup sweet baby rays bbq sauce
- ¼ cup water
- In a small glass bowl mix together the potatoes (I used a pampered chef small batter bowl), 1 tablespoon of oil, and the ranch dressing mix(note- only a ½ of a packet). Place bowl with the potatoes into slow cooker. If you don't have a bowl that will fit in your slow cooker with the chicken, don't fret, just make a packet out of foil.
- Brown the chicken drumsticks in a skillet with a little cooking oil until browned on all sides, no need to cook the chicken completely. Place the chicken next to the potatoes in the slow cooker, add the bbq sauce on top of the chicken, and the water as well.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to HIGH for 4 hours.
- Do not open the lid during the cooking time.
- After cooking time is up, stir up the potatoes a bit.
- When serving, spoon the extra bbq sauce onto the chicken.