This decadent Slow Cooker German Chocolate Spoon Cake is a delicious spin on German chocolate cake, this is served this warm with ice cream!
Hi all! I think you will love this Slow Cooker German Chocolate Spoon cake. This cake is warm, gooey, and full of standard German chocolate cake flavors, but I serve this warm with ice-cream. If you are like me and don’t turn your oven on in the summer, you will enjoy this recipe.
I start with a cake mix, but I dress it up a bit with butter instead of oil. I also add vanilla extract, and a dash of salt.
I pour the batter into a well greased slow cooker.
Then I top the batter with coconut, chocolate chunks, and pecans.
Cook on High for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Below is what it looks like after it is done cooking.
This cake isn’t the type that is cooled and sliced. You dig into it with a spoon, warm.
Top with ice cream. Best dessert I’ve had in a long time!
Try one of these other desserts in your slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- Slow Cooker Gingerbread Cake
- Slow Cooker Lemon Spoon Cake
- Slow Cooker Blackberry Cobbler
Slow Cooker German Chocolate Spoon Cake
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger-oval
- 15.25 oz German Chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
Optional Toppings for Serving
- vanilla ice cream
- In a medium bowl, mix the cake mix, melted butter, water, eggs, vanilla, and salt until just combined.
- Do not overmix, it is ok if there is small lumps in the batter.
- Spray the slow cooker well with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter in to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle over the coconut, chocolate chunks, and pecans.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.