Slow Cooker Cheeseburger soup is heaven in a bowl, try to eat just one serving!
Hello! I have another great recipe for fall! This is a recipe I’ve wanted to put on the website for years.
I wanted to thicken this
This soup is decadent, great for a celebration or a comforting Sunday dinner.
How to make cheeseburger soup:
To start this soup out in the crock pot it will seem like a broth not creamy based soup, don’t fret, all the creamy and cheesy goodness will be added later in the cooking phase.
You will need these ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Russet potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Dried basil
- Garlic powder
- Chicken broth
- Velveeta cheese
- Cream cheese
- Brown the ground beef on the stove-top. Peel and dice the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Dice the carrots, celery and onions. Add the vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle over the basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken broth. Do not add the velveeta or cream cheese yet.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours on low, the Velveeta and cream cheese are added, I let those melt into the soup for 1 hour.
- Then a quick stir and a perfect velvety soup forms.
Ladle into bowls and enjoy! Some may scoff at Velveeta cheese but they may not realize that most restaurants use it in their soups, or American cheese.
Enjoy this recipe! I have so many more planned to share this fall and winter. Have a great weekend.
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
- 2 russet potatoes diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks peeled and diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese (add towards the end of the cooking time)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (add towards the end of the cooking time)
- (note before starting this recipe, the total slow cooking time is 8 hours, the Velveeta cheese and cream cheese are added at the 7th hour and cooked for 1 more hour)
- Add the cooked beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper, basil, garlic powder and chicken broth. DO NOT add Velveeta cheese and cream cheese yet.
- Cover and cook and LOW for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Cut the velveeta cheese and cream cheese into cubes, add to the soup in the slow cooker. Stir to get the cubes into the soup (they won’t melt straight away).
- Cover and cook for one more hour on low.
- Stir until the cheeses are blended into the soup. Serve and enjoy!