These Ranch Chicken Sandwiches combine all the yummy flavors of chicken, ranch, and cheese. The best part is this ranch chicken recipe will be cooked in the slow cooker, meaning you can start the meal, walk away, and come back to an easy-to-prepare dish. A must-add to your meal plan!
Why this ranch cheddar chicken recipe works
Besides this being a delicious dinner option, this easy recipe only calls for five ingredients – most of which you may already have on hand. If not, you can conveniently grab what’s needed at the local grocery store without paying an arm and leg.
This is also something the whole family will love and it is sure to become a family favorite. While they marvel at the taste, you’ll rest easy knowing there is nutritional value thanks to the skinless chicken breasts. And if you’re looking for a cheesy ranch chicken meal that offers versatility, this is one of those recipes that offers just that!
- Chicken Breasts: boneless skinless chicken breasts are slowly cooked to pull-apart perfection.
- Cream Cheese: turns into a creamy base that helps the sandwiches melt in your mouth.
- Ranch Seasoning: a must-have for this ranch chicken recipe.
- Melted Butter: everything is better with butter, right? Though, you can use chicken broth if desired.
- Shredded Cheese: sharp cheddar cheese adds the perfect topping option for these sandwiches.
Step One – Place chicken into the crockpot along with the cream cheese (cubed) and shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle over the ranch seasoning mix. Then pour over the melted butter and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours.
Step Two – Once cook time is complete, shred the boneless chicken breasts with two forks.
Step Three – Stir everything together to make a flavorful chicken meal.
- Sandwiches: Of course, the primary way to eat this cheddar ranch chicken is on a sandwich. There are many different bread styles to choose from. Go for the traditional hamburger bun with sesame seeds, a hoagie bun, or even small slider buns.
- Toppings: With this being close to a classic American chicken recipe, go for toppings such as sliced tomato, pickles, jalapenos, and extra cheese (think Colby jack, pepper jack, or more sharp cheddar). Don’t hesitate to add some ranch dressing on top as well.
- Sides: Eat your sandwiches with potato chips, a dill pickle slice, steamed broccoli, pasta salad, or even mashed potatoes.
- Other: If you want to go beyond making sandwiches, consider using this meat mixture on top of nachos, in a tortilla wrap, or mixed with your favorite pasta.
If you just so happen to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator. It will keep up to 4 days.
Sure! Simply follow the directions but cut back on cooking time since the chicken will already be done. You will also want to add a 1/2 cup more of chicken broth.
You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts if you prefer dark meat.
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 oz. ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup salted melted butter (or 1/2 cup chicken broth)
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese shredded
- buns we use potato buns
- tomato slices
- additional shredded cheese
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker. Cube the cream cheese or cut it in half and place on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle over the ranch over the chicken. Drizzle over the butter (or chicken broth).
- Add the cheese over the chicken and cream cheese.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 5-6.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. Stir to combine everything together.
- Serve on buns with slices of tomatoes if desired.
- If you just so happen to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator. It will keep up to 4 days.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts if you prefer dark meat.
- To use cooked rotisserie chicken, simply follow the directions but cut back on cooking time since the chicken will already be done. You will also want to add a 1/2 more of chicken broth.
- Nutritional values do not include buns or toppings.
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.