Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs are tender and tangy, I love these over rice.
Lemon lovers this is your recipe! Make this chicken along with my Slow Cooker Lemon Spoon Cake!
I’ve made these Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs three times this last week. They are amazing! In the past when I have made chicken thighs either on the barbecue or in the oven, they don’t get as tender as I want them before they start browning. So I created this slow cooker lemon pepper chicken thigh recipe.
I start with making a homemade sauce, the sauce is similar to a homemade salad dressing. I do the mixing of the sauce right at the bottom of my slow cooker.
Then I place the chicken thighs into the sauce and swished them around to coat them in the sauce.
Cook for 4 hours on HIGH in the slow cooker and then placed on a cookie sheet and placed under the broiler in the oven for about 10 minutes or until browned.
More chicken recipes to make ASAP!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken
Perfectly tender and crispy! And the sauce is perfectly tangy to boot..
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice about 1 very large lemon (Do not use bottled lemon juice)
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs bone-in, skin left on- just enough thighs to cover the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker and stir. Add the chicken thighs into the sauce one at a time skin down and swish around in the sauce, then flip the thigh skin up, do this with all the thighs. (There will be just enough sauce to coat the chicken)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- After cooking time is done, preheat the oven to broil (500 degrees).
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Using tongs remove the chicken thighs from the slow cooker onto the baking sheet.
- Place the chicken into the oven on top rack (My top rack was 2 levels down). Broil the chicken thighs for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, so they won’t burn.
- If you want to use the sauce from the slow cooker (it’s fantastic!) Blot the sauce with a paper towel to remove the grease.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
Mandee L says
Have you ever cooked this on low? If so, how long? Thank you.
Sarah Olson says
I would do 6 hours on low.
Why do you put chicken thighs back in crock pot with lemon slices? For how long? No mention of this in directions.
Sarah Olson says
It’s just for decoration for serving. You do not cook them with lemon at all.
Can I use 4lbs of the chicken thighs?
Sarah Olson says
Yes, that amount will work great.
Wonder if you can boneless?
trying this recipe now i followed your directions the only thing i added was a tbl spoon of honey wish me luck
Donna Connell says
Chuck peters says
I’m going to make this in a couple days but after reading the reviews I’m hoping the chicken isn’t dry and tasteless!!