Follow The Magical Slow Cooker on Facebook for weekly slow cooker recipes!
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This recipe for slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole is a one pot meal (yay!). To make this recipe, I cook the chicken with a big can of red enchilada sauce, all day in my slow cooker. Then when I get home, I shred the chicken, stir in some corn tortillas strips, add some cheese and olives, stir, add a little more cheese and olives on top, cook for one more hour, and wow! Easy enchiladas and I don’t have the huge mess all over my kitchen from frying tortillas, and rolling the enchiladas.
I serve this chicken enchilada casserole with sour cream on top, refried beans and spanish rice. If you don’t have a great recipe for spanish rice, check this tutorial for spanish rice from Lil’ Luna, it’s the recipe I use, and it’s amazing. The recipe is from a mexican restaurant!
- 2 boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 1 28 ounce can Red Enchilada Sauce (I use El Pato Brand)
- 10 corn tortillas (I used an entire 11.7 ounce bag)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 3.8 ounce can black olives (divided)
- Put the chicken breasts and the enchilada sauce in your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Cut the tortillas in to strips, add to chicken and sauce.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and half the olives into the sauce and chicken mixture.
- Stir again.
- Flatten the mixture slightly.
- Add the rest of the cheese and the olives on top.
- Cook on low for about 40 - 60 minutes longer.
- Top with sour cream (optional)
Shared at: Hun, what’s for dinner- (Simple Supper Tuesday)