Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
I couldn’t believe how good the flavor was in this Slow Cooker Sour Cream Salsa Chicken. These burritos are so nice to make for a crowd, because all the toppings for the burritos are in the Slow Cooker! But how can you go wrong with chicken, salsa, seasonings, black beans, rice, sour cream and cheese!
This recipe makes a ton of filling for your tortillas, I bought medium-sized flour tortillas, and I swear, it could have filled about 12-15 burritos. What a budget friendly recipe, the rice really stretches your dollar!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 1 16 ounce of Jar Salsa (I used Old El Paso Mild)
- 1 Taco Seasoning packet
- 16 ounces sour cream (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups cooked rice (can be freshly steamed, or cold leftovers)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 15 ounce can drained and rinsed black beans
- Tortillas for serving
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Put half the salsa in your slow cooker. Place chicken breasts onto salsa, sprinkle taco seasoning on top of chicken. Pour rest of salsa on top of chicken and seasonings.
- Note- do not add other ingredients until cooking time is over
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add sour cream, rice, cheese, and black beans to slow cooker, give it all a big stir.
- Serve in warmed tortillas
You may also like: Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans