Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is the best burrito filling! Makes a ton of filling to stretch your buck.
I couldn’t believe how good the flavor was in this Slow Cooker Sour Cream Salsa Chicken. These burritos are so nice to make for a crowd because all the toppings for the burritos are in the Slow Cooker! But how can you go wrong with chicken, salsa, seasonings, black beans, rice, sour cream, and cheese!
This recipe makes a ton of filling for your tortillas, I bought medium-sized flour tortillas, and I swear, it could have filled about 12-15 burritos. What a budget-friendly recipe, the rice really stretches your dollar!
Here are my other salsa inspired recipes:
- Slow Cooker Homemade Salsa Chicken – a homemade salsa is made in this recipe and is used to cook the chicken and for serving on top.
- Slow Cooker Steak Burritos – Tender beef simmered in salsa, you won’t believe how well the salsa transforms this cheap cut of meat.
- Slow Cooker Salsa – the slow cooker acts as a roaster to make this delicious spicy salsa.
- Queso Verde – White queso with green salsa!
- Slow Cooker Taco Dip – One of the creamiest dips you will ever try!
Slow Cooker Sour Cream Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker- 6 quart or larger
- 1½ lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz. salsa
- 1 Taco seasoning packet I use McCormick
Add these items at the end:
- 16 oz. sour cream about 2 cups
- 3 cups cooked rice can be freshly steamed, or cold leftovers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 oz. can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Put half the salsa in your slow cooker. Place chicken breasts onto salsa, sprinkle taco seasoning on top of chicken. Pour rest of salsa on top of chicken and seasonings.
- Note- do not add other ingredients until cooking time is over
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add sour cream, rice, cheese, and black beans to slow cooker, give it all a big stir.
- Serve in warmed tortillas and enjoy