This classic recipe for Slow Cooker Salisbury steak is tender and has plenty of gravy, goes great with mashed potatoes.
Hi all! This Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak is a classic recipe that I’ve wanted to put on my website for a while. I made a version of this with cube steak a few years ago, not only did that not turn out well, I cooked it too long and the patties were as hard as a rock.
This time I made patties from ground beef, crackers, egg, milk, and seasoning. I add a gravy mixture, onions and mushrooms to the slow cooker with the patties. 4.5 hours later on the low setting, the patties are perfectly tender and the gravy has thickened.
I hope you try this recipe, it’s one the best home cooked meals I’ve had in a long time! I think this goes great with mashed potatoes, but it would be great with a baked potato too. Have a great weekend.
- Slow Cooker - 5 quart or larger
For the patties
- 1 lb. ground beef, 7% fat
- 1/2 cup crushed crackers, I use Ritz, but saltines work great too
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- cooking oil (for browning the patties)
For the gravy mixture
- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup, I use roasted garlic variety
- (2) .87 oz. packets brown gravy mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- white onion, sliced
- In a large bowl add the ground beef, crushed crackers, egg, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Mix together with clean hands, don't over mix. Form the meat into 4 patties. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, gravy packets, water and thyme until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil and pan are hot add the patties, brown on both sides. No need to cook through.
- Add half of the mushrooms and onions to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the patties on top. Add remaining onions and mushrooms on top of the patties. Pour over gravy mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4.5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are my favorite easy ground beef recipes for the slow cooker:
- Slow Cooker John Wayne Casserole
- Slow Cooker Shipwreck Stew
- Slow Cooker Land Your Man Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Beef and Potato Au Gratin
- Slow Cooker Hobo Dinner
- Slow Cooker Taco Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooker Texas Trash Beef and Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Lipton Onion Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Chuck Wagon Chili
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash